Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2024, 11:37 PM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Kobo Glo HD dead

I have an old Glo that I loved but have not used in a few years, primarily reading on my Libra. I just came across the Glo in a drawer and of course it's beyond dead. Plugged it in for about 20 min and it won't even show any sign of charging. Before I toss it (recycle) is there any magic tricks I can try to get it to charge up?
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 02:37 AM   #2
Rugbyfan1986
Rugbyfan1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Try charging it from a wall charger for 24 hours. If it has not been used for years the battery may need a longer charge to get it to work. Failing that you could buy a new battery for it - someone else will have to jump in with info as to where you can get a new battery from.
Rugbyfan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 07:18 AM   #3
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Thanks, I'll try the 24 hour charge!
Old 09-21-2024, 03:14 PM   #4
catsknit
Addict

Amazingly, it only took a few hours - I just had not let it go long enough the first time since it didn't even have a light on. So glad I did not toss it - I think this is my favorite of all the readers I've had, love the size and weight of it much more than my Libra.