Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 10:23 AM   #1
kobrick
kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo h20
Fixing my Clara HD backlight?

I recently replaced a cracked screen on my Clara HD. In the process I accidentally broke the ribbon cable that connects backlight

No problem I thought, as the backlight is just a strip of LEDs that plugs into the motherboard. So I swapped the backlight from my old broken screen over. Unfortunately although it turns on fine and I am able to adjust intensity and color, the screen is not evenly illuminated. Instead of a nice diffuse light it is focused on the bottom of the screen, and the beam of each led is noticeable. So not ideal.

Its not evident to me how it should properly attach or how the original backlight provides such a nice even light.

Any ideas? I'm attaching a photo showing how it looks (a little underexposed to illustrate better).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240801_150108.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	394.9 KB
ID:	209920  
kobrick is offline   Reply With Quote