Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 09:06 AM   #1
aramaziakin
aramaziakin began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook M7
MTP connection issues

As far as I can tell Calibre keeps creating files (driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre) that it then can't read which causes connection issues.
So I have Calibre send my books to a folder called 'Books' on an sd card in my android device, that works fine. But then for some reason Calibre keeps creating a folder called 'Document' on both the sd card and internal storage and creates the 2 files I mention before. If I don't delete these new folders Calibre throws up a connection error when I connect my device. Calibre is fine with the driveinfo and metadata files in the 'Books' folder, it is only with the ones it creates in these 'Document' folders that causes connection issues.
Is there any way to stop Calibre creating these files, or anyway to fix the files so they don't cause connection issues?
aramaziakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Those 2 files are the log of what Calibre has previously found ON THAT Drive. They are in the root of the drive regardless of where the books are.

The SD card is also a drive, so they should be there also

If they are missing, then Calibre has to rescan the whole drive(s) as the 'what is known' shortcut is missing.

MTP is iffy in some cases. One thing: Only have 1 MTP device connected at a time.
This FAQ may help (a tiny bit) https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...or-kindle-fire
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If calibre cant read files it has created previously, that indicates there are firmware issues on your device. A reboot might help, if not a reset and if that doesnt help either, then you can use one of the wireless conenction methods instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote