Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 02:31 PM   #1
Bussengeist
Bussengeist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite SE
Problem with Calibre 3.48 and Kindle PaperWhite 11 SE

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you and thank you for having me.

I was about to reply to an existing thread, but I encountered a note suggested me that, since it was an old post, started one new.

The situation is this: me beloved Kindle Voyage died a few weeks ago ("Device: SE Blank Megrez"), and my wife bought me a Kindle PaperWhite 11 Signature Edition.

I'm running Calibre 7.6 at home with no problems, but my office PC runs on Windows 7. For the moment, it is not possible to upgrade Windows and even less likely to ask for a new computer. So Windows 7 is all I got. With Calibre 3.48, of course.

What I'd like to know -if you can help me- is if there is a way I can make Calibre 3.48 recognize my new Kindle. I copied the files from Calibre 7.6 at home and brought them here, but I have no idea which file contains the drivers or whatever Calibre uses to recognize devices. I also have no idea if this could work.

I know I can use it at home, but I tend to use ir primarily here, so it would be great if you can take the time to tell me how to tweek this 3.48 with the devices database from the 7.6 (or any other solution that allows me to use this new Kindle at word).

Thank you very much in advance!
Bussengeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
While I'm not aware of any method to get Calibre 3.48 recognize a 11th gen. Paperwhite (doesn't mean there isn't one), you don't actually need direct connection with Calibre to get the books on the PW. Use the Save to Disk feature in Calibre to save the books to your chosen location on the local drive and drag them to the documents folder on your Kindle from there.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moving a 7.x library to 3.x , 4.x and even 5.x
runs risks. You might have gotten away with it for now, but do NOT try to move back. Not only has the code (and features) evolved, but those in 7.x allow things the earlier versions did not. Some required database changes to store additional info.

Is the W7 machine 32 Bit ? That limits options.

64bit: Consider booting Linux on a USB drive or fast stick (no mods to the host if it allows a USB boot)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, driver, kindle, recognition.