Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old Today, 02:34 PM   #16
Whip
Whip began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for the suggestion DNSB. However, I don't think that will work.

When I set --level1-toc to //*[(name()='h1' or name()='h3')] it gathers all <h1> tags and all <h3> tags and makes them ToC items at level1.

I'm worried at this point the command line ebook-convert tool just doesn't make ToCs at the full depth that I need. I don't see a way to make <h4> and <h5> tags turn into level4 and level5 ToC elements. It seems like the GUI is the only way to make ToCs up to 5 or 6 levels deep.

Am I missing anything? Or am I correct that ebook-convert can only make ToCs with three levels of ToC elements?
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #17
Whip
Whip began at the beginning.

Device: none
If ebook-convert doesn't make ToC with depth >3, is there any other automated way to do that? Like a script in Calibre's code base I could use?

It would be really helpful to automate this rather than use the UI. Thanks for any suggestions.
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toc, toc creation