Connoisseur
lburg801 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The run the viewer in debug mode from a command prompt as

calibre-debug -w

post the output
I don't know how to get to the basic c prompt. Tried typing calibre-debug -w in the "Run" window and in the app, "Terminal". Neither opened Calibre. Screen shots attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	210669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	210670  
lburg801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburg801 View Post
I don't know how to get to the basic c prompt. Tried typing calibre-debug -w in the "Run" window and in the app, "Terminal". Neither opened Calibre. Screen shots attached.
Did you do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
First, reboot in safe mode and see if your files open there.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #18
lburg801
Connoisseur
lburg801 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Did you do this?

BR
Win11Pro has all sorts of hurdles to starting in safe mode. I think I did it. Attaching results. Tried opening Calibre and got an error message. Restarted Calibre in debug mode and got same error message (I think). Viewer and edit = same results as when running in normal mode.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1safemodedebug.txt (486 Bytes, 5 views)
File Type: txt 2startcalibresafemode.txt (176 Bytes, 8 views)
File Type: txt 3safemode tmp8zon_xvt.txt (2.2 KB, 8 views)
lburg801 is offline   Reply With Quote