Notices

Old Today, 12:31 AM   #61
lburg801
Connoisseur
lburg801 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One video driver issue is that Lenovo is very conservative with their video driver updates. My current desktop has a NVidia T1000 8GB card and Lenovo's supplied driver is about 4 months older than the conservative driver from NVidia's site. Before that update was added to Lenovo's site, they were about 9 months behind NVidia's conservative driver.

Though the portable version of calibre working and multiple programs being unable to open ePub files suggests something in your Windows setup and not a driver issue.
Well, I just posted that the problem with Calibre is resolved and wasn't a Windows issue. Did you download the driver on NVidia's site? My knowlege is pretty minimum thus I've stuck to letting Lenovo decide what needs to be updated.
lburg801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #62
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your old PC might have had a HD starting to fail, thus corrupting the Calibre config folder, you simply brought the corruption over to your new PC.

Or
You got a Malware infestation.

IIRC You can NOT just copy Kindle or Adobe (files) to a new PC.
They are made specific to the PC on import (I tried restoring my Kindle stuff after a video driver issue faked me out. Not allowed, everything had to come from my Amazon account )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lburg801 View Post
Well, I just posted that the problem with Calibre is resolved and wasn't a Windows issue. Did you download the driver on NVidia's site? My knowlege is pretty minimum thus I've stuck to letting Lenovo decide what needs to be updated.
I downloaded the driver file from NVidia's site. Unlike my laptop where the two video chipsets are on the motherboard and work together using the same builtin display and external video ports, the desktop has a separate video card so no need to wait for Lenovo to supply the driver.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote