Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2023, 12:14 AM   #1
tatagi
Connoisseur
tatagi began at the beginning.

Device: none
No plugin named Editor Chains found

I am using portable calibre latest, and I run into problem while trying to use plugin exclusively for calibre editor.

the command is as below.

for /r "C:\Users\John\Downloads\old epubs" %v in (*.epub) do calibre-debug -r "Editor Chains" "Misc Actions" "%v" "C:\Users\John\Downloads\new epubs\%~nxv"

and this is the error that follows.

C:\Users\John\Downloads\Calibre Portable\Calibre>calibre-debug -r "Editor Chains" "Misc Actions" "C:\Users\John\Downloads\old epubs\testbook.epub" "C:\Users\John\Downloads\new epubs\testbook.epub"
No plugin named Editor Chains found

Editor Chains is the name of plugin https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343178

and Misc Actions is the name of chain I made using Editor Chains.

it worked perfectly when in installed calibre.

just to be sure I added the path environment variables in windows advanced system settings, both in user and system variables input field.

and its sister plugin "Action Chains" is also installed.

why does this happen?
tatagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remember to run the calibre-debug-portable.exe wrapper otherwise you are runing calibre-debug on your system calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2023, 11:48 AM   #3
tatagi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
remember to run the calibre-debug-portable.exe wrapper otherwise you are runing calibre-debug on your system calibre
thank you kovid.

but there's no calibre-debug-portable.exe in the package.

and other than the issue in my original post, calibre-debug works just okay for other tasks, like opening help, subset font, running diff tool etc.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah right there are only launchers for the GUI tools, well you can set the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY env var yourself to point to the portable config directory before running calibre-debug, otherwise it will use config data, including plugins from your system installation.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:50 PM   #5
tatagi
Connoisseur

I am sorry I am not very techie type, could you please elaborate on that?

you mean I have to add user variable with variable name "CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY" and value of the portable calibre directory like "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\calibre" ?

I tried it but still no plugin's found error shows up.

btw my portable calibre is located in "C:\Users\MyName\Downloads\Calibre Portable"
Advert
Old 01-27-2023, 03:12 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatagi View Post
btw my portable calibre is located in "C:\Users\MyName\Downloads\Calibre Portable"
So,

Code:
set CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY="C:\Users\MyName\Downloads\Calibre Portable\Calibre Settings"
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:34 AM   #7
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatagi View Post
I am sorry I am not very techie type, could you please elaborate on that?

you mean I have to add user variable with variable name "CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY" and value of the portable calibre directory like "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\calibre" ?

I tried it but still no plugin's found error shows up.

Check out this topic:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350996

Look at posts #4 and #5.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote