Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Unable to send TXT to Calibre Companion

With the help of some lovely users on here I've been able to create an empty txt file for each of my books in Calibre, I have around 5500 with a library thats just getting bigger. I've bought a Kindle Fire and one of the reasons was I thought I could get the metadata of some of the books on the Fire. I don't need the actual book, I read using the Kindle app or on my Voyage and the books are emailed to Amazon's Cloud. I just don't always have my PC on so having the metadata on my Fire would be very handy.

My issue now is that Calibre won't send a TXT file to Calibre Companion. I have no idea if this is a Calibre issue or a Companion issue. All I know it that when I select a specific format to send the CC's main memory the TXT isn't shown. It may not even be fixable I have no idea.

Has anyone any ideas? Or shall I raise a ticket for Calibre and see if Kovid can help?

I can't be the only one who would like just metadata in Calibre Companion
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Make sure under Configure this device, that you have marked TXT as comparible with CC.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Make sure under Configure this device, that you have marked TXT as comparible with CC.
Thank you. and thank you so much for the code

I remembered you mentioned that on the first thread I read, I've just done that and I'm now sending 2800 txt files to Calibre Companion.

Thanks again.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Thank you. and thank you so much for the code

I remembered you mentioned that on the first thread I read, I've just done that and I'm now sending 2800 txt files to Calibre Companion.

Thanks again.
You're welcome for the code.

chaley is the one who told you how to put TXT in CC though.

Anyway, hapy to help.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote