Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Sample with no Download button

Sorry for the questin but it's the first time i've used sample so not sure if what I am seeing is correct.

I've just saved a preview to my kobo library, the preview has no download button and it's Adobe DRM.

If I buy it will the download button appear? Or will I be unable to download it at all?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Login into your account on the Kobo website.

Go to your library.

Under the book you got for the preview it should say:

Download options: Adobe DRM EPUB

If it does not, then this book does not have an epub to download.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does say Adobe EPub just doesn't have a download button, I can sync for the preview that's not an issue, I just don't want to buy it and find I can't download it.

Last edited by Josieb1; 06-07-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The samples themselves never have download buttons, but if they have "Adobe DRM EPUB" or "EPUB (DRM-Free)" listed as download options then there will be a download button once you buy the book.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:21 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The samples themselves never have download buttons, but if they have "Adobe DRM EPUB" or "EPUB (DRM-Free)" listed as download options then there will be a download button once you buy the book.
Thank you
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
If you want to provide the URL to the book from the website I can have a quick look and see if there will be an Adobe version of the file if the book is fully purchased. Has to be the URL, not just book title and author name, simply so I can grab the exact same book you have, as there could be multiple versions on the store (different geographic locations, publishers, editions, etc...)

As others have correctly said, previews don't have an Adobe option. However, some fully purchased books don't either, for example some comic like books / kids books don't have a download option (we would refer to these as fixed layout ePub / FXL books)
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote