Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2024, 06:18 PM   #1
AlexandriAce
AlexandriAce began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question about refunds on Amazon affecting imported books.

So, here's the deal. I bought an e-book version of my programming class' textbook (or one of them, anyways) so that I could use TTS to listen to it (I have ADHD, and sitting and reading text is extremely difficult for me). The Kindle for PC app doesn't keep TTS playing if you're clicked onto any other window, so I went digging for alternate readers, found Calibre, DRM stripping, etc.

So I've done all of that, and the book is converted and imported. But I only need this book for the length of the class...and it technically is available for free through the author's website, just not in e-book form, so I really would like to just refund it after the class is over. I'm worried that'd be too long though, so now that I have an EPUB copy of the book through Calibre, I'd really rather just refund it now. But I'm just wondering if that'd cause the book to disappear from my Calibre library? Or is it, effectively, "copied" completely independently of the Kindle app and Amazon?
AlexandriAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 06:27 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fa...ing_guidelines

Quote:
While DRM removal may be discussed in the abstract, the following are not allowed at MobileRead:

discussing DRM removal to pirate content;
providing detailed how-to instructions;
uploading of DRM-removal tools;
direct download links to DRM-removal tools.
Keeping a book after you have refunded it is pirating it.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert