Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-14-2022, 01:52 AM   #1
Bluesnowan
Bluesnowan began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone/tablet win 10 pc
Reading trackers like Bookly?

Are there any Reading trackers like Bookly that play nicely with Calibre or you can import book data such as names, author, cover and page/word count?

I want to start tracking my time read and such and I do like bookly but trying to do book by book in it is a massive pain.
Bluesnowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:51 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Goodreads has tracking for your books. And the Goodreads Sync plugin can sync the status either way. And if you are Brazilian, there is also Skoob and the Skoob Sync plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:01 PM   #3
chinax
chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Nook Glowlight, Sony DPT-CP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnowan View Post
Are there any Reading trackers like Bookly that play nicely with Calibre or you can import book data such as names, author, cover and page/word count?

I want to start tracking my time read and such and I do like bookly but trying to do book by book in it is a massive pain.
Regarding importing/exporting, you should be able to right-click on a book, hover over "Convert books", and click on "Generate a catalog of the books in your calibre library." This will allow you to generate a list of your books and selected metadata in a .csv file that you can import into any book-tracking website.

Personally, I have a custom calibre library that has custom columns like "Date Started", "Current Page", and "Date Finished" to track my reading as I go. If "Finished" has a value another column calculates the time it took me to finish. You can decide if you want this value in days, hours, minutes, whatever.

When I open this "Currently Reading" library it opens up to virtual library with the books I've started but not finished (everything else is books I'll read next but haven't started, or have finished but am not ready to move into the "Read" library yet) in a cover grid with the value of a custom column called "%" or #percentcomplete (which divides the value of #currentpage by whatever the Count Pages plugin has put in the #pagecount column) displayed underneath.

I imagine you would want something like time-tracked reading sessions and a history of when you update the page counts, and that's something I'm still pondering a calibre-only solution to. But, yeah, some basic functionality can be duplicated in calibre.
chinax is offline   Reply With Quote