Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
catoon
catoon began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek
cannot turn on aluratek

Hi,
I got my aluratek reader about 7weeks ago. This morning I cannot turn it on. I know it might be out of power, as I haven't used it for a few days. I connected it to my computer, it says 'USB device not recognized'. There is no reaction for charge. Any suggestion what to do next? Thanks
catoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoon View Post
Hi,
I got my aluratek reader about 7weeks ago. This morning I cannot turn it on. I know it might be out of power, as I haven't used it for a few days. I connected it to my computer, it says 'USB device not recognized'. There is no reaction for charge. Any suggestion what to do next? Thanks
Welcome to MobileRead catoon! What about the wall charger?
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
catoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Welcome to MobileRead catoon! What about the wall charger?
I also tried the wall charger, nothing happens after connection. The signal light does not even flash....
Old 06-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
I also tried the wall charger, nothing happens after connection. The signal light does not even flash....
Have you tried to reset it?

Per http://helpdesk.aluratek.com/index.p...=knowledgebase

To properly reset the LIBRE, by press and hold the RESET button on the back of the LIBRE for 5 seconds using a paperclip or toothpick. Please DO NOT use a pen or pencil, it may not engage the RESET button. If the RESET button is correctly engaged, the LIBRE will shut down and the screen will go blank. Then power ON the LIBRE by pressing and holding the POWER button until the Aluratek logo shows on the screen and release the POWER button. The Main Menu should display shortly thereafter. Thereafter, to power ON/OFF the LIBRE, simply press and release the POWER button.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
If it's completely drained it may take awhile to look like it's responding. I would say leave it plugged in and check back in an hour or so -
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
And,of course try reset as UR says. I always forget people might not think of that.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
catoon

The device is completely out of power. Nothing happens after reset. It's been plugged for hours, still dead...
Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
The device is completely out of power. Nothing happens after reset. It's been plugged for hours, still dead...
Sounds like you need to contact Aluratek for warranty service.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Hope it's still under warranty.

Nothing irks me more than a device going belly up before it's time. It tells me they weren't careful when building this device.

I have taken back quite a few gps units with a grim face because they died just a couple weeks after I started using them. Customer service kept trying to make up excuses. The fact of the matter was these units shouldn't break that easily.

Anyway, the point is if they try to blame on you, point it out to them that the device is useless if you could break it that easily.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
Hope it's still under warranty.
1 year warranty per website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
Nothing irks me more than a device going belly up before it's time.
Have to return yet another xbox gaming headset for my boys, evidently there isn't a decent one made whether $50 or $125 that will last beyond 6 months!