Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Reader 300 hacks?

[There's no forum for the Sony 300 Reader yet, so...]

Any chance of there being hacks for the 300 model? Yeah, I know it's only been available for a day or 2, but I just looked down to my status bar and realized there was no clock!!! Also, uniform fonts in the menus would be cool. A hack to make the left directional button act as a page turn (for left-handed operation) along with making the left direction arrow serve as the back button would be very cool too.

Just thought I'd plant the seeds for now...
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
There are unconfirmed reports that PRS-600 ignores autorun.xml from my Universal Flasher. So it's possible Sony has put some protection in the new models...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
There are unconfirmed reports that PRS-600 ignores autorun.xml from my Universal Flasher. So it's possible Sony has put some protection in the new models...
That would be too bad! I see your Universal Flasher and the hacks everyone has developed to be nothing but good for Sony Readers.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
In igorsk we trust!
He'll find something else. Let's give him some time.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Next time I am near the local SonyStyle shop, I'll put your flasher on an SD card and give it a test on the 600. I won't try to flash anything. I'll just see if it actually runs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
With no memory card slot on the 300, is an upgrade impossible? Or could something be done by loading files thru the Library software?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
For PRS-300, autorun files are copied to the internal memory.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
[There's no forum for the Sony 300 Reader yet, so...]

Any chance of there being hacks for the 300 model? Yeah, I know it's only been available for a day or 2, but I just looked down to my status bar and realized there was no clock!!! Also, uniform fonts in the menus would be cool. A hack to make the left directional button act as a page turn (for left-handed operation) along with making the left direction arrow serve as the back button would be very cool too.

Just thought I'd plant the seeds for now...
Oh yes, pretty pretty pretty please. I miss the clock on the 300, it's stupid, since I have a watch, but still I like to have the time while I'm reading.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote