Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lord of the Rings + Hobbit: Now in LEGIT e-book format!

At long last, after floating around the Internet for at least ten years in "pirate" form, the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit finally come to the legitimate e-book market via Fictionwise and Amazon!

http://www.teleread.org/2009/04/19/l...in-ebook-form/

(Currently on 100% micropay rebate, and 15% off with TAXDAY rebate code until the 21st.)
Old 04-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Big thread already on the front page.
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Eh? I didn't see any thread in the News and Commentary board, which is where I checked. I don't even read the front page, I just hop straight to this forum.

EDIT: Oh, NOW one shows up. I swear I looked on the entire first page of the forum before posting and didn't see anything. And when I look at that one, it's not even the one you're talking about.

If something is "News" it ought to be echoed to here, not just put on the front page.

Last edited by Robotech_Master; 04-19-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They came out on the Kindle and HaperCollins website first, and had been posted in the Kindle forum. That thread was placed on the front page with links to just about everywhere it's available. There is be a closed thread in News & Commentary (it was the same as in the Kindle forum) if you look about 10 threads down from this one.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Eh? I didn't see any thread in the News and Commentary board, which is where I checked. I don't even read the front page, I just hop straight to this forum.

EDIT: Oh, NOW one shows up. I swear I looked on the entire first page of the forum before posting and didn't see anything. And when I look at that one, it's not even the one you're talking about.

If something is "News" it ought to be echoed to here, not just put on the front page.
I moved the post to the front. As a rule, I don't like duplicate threads, and I prefer to give the person who found it full credit.
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I moved the post to the front. As a rule, I don't like duplicate threads, and I prefer to give the person who found it full credit.
Yes! GIVE ME ALL YOUR KARMA!! MUHAHAHAHAAH!!!

What's Karma good for, anyway?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Yes! GIVE ME ALL YOUR KARMA!! MUHAHAHAHAAH!!!

What's Karma good for, anyway?
You can spend it in the karma ebook store.

Just kidding. It is just good to know that people appreciate you and your posts.

BOb
Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
[QUOTE=Robotech_Master;433295]At long last, after floating around the Internet for at least ten years in "pirate" form, the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit finally come to the legitimate e-book market via Fictionwise and Amazon!

I understand that the three volume Lord of the Rings may not be available at Amazon.

I know that the three volume Lord of the Rings is not available on Fictionwise, at least not in Mobipocket; I just paid for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and though I downloaded The Hobbit without problem when I tried to download The Lord of the Rings I got an error message to the effect that it was not available from this vendor.

Regards, Alex
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I understand that the three volume Lord of the Rings may not be available at Amazon.
It is available on Amazon and Fictionwise [Mobipocket and eReader].

Edit: I see you're having download problems on Fictionwise, even though it's for sale.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I know that the three volume Lord of the Rings is not available on Fictionwise, at least not in Mobipocket; I just paid for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and though I downloaded The Hobbit without problem when I tried to download The Lord of the Rings I got an error message to the effect that it was not available from this vendor.
When I checked Fictionwise, all J.R.R. Tolkien's books were available in Secure Mobipocket and Secure eReader format.
http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook85769.htm
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

The eReader formatted version downloaded just fine.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #12
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
The eReader formatted version downloaded just fine.
Yes, I've just been back and have downloaded the whole 2.8Mb of the Mobipocket version of the trilogy. I guess I was just too impatient.

I started on The Hobbit while waiting, and think HarperCollins have made an excellent job of turning it into a ebook.

Regards, Alex
Old 04-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wonderful news!
Closed Thread