Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-10-2024, 03:10 AM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Extra CSS @font-face losing font url

Hello,

In my Common Option --> Look and Feel --> Styling --> Extra CSS I'm using this block to add a font reference:

Code:
@font-face {
font-family: "Times New Roman"; 
font-weight: normal; 
font-style: normal; 
src: url(res: ///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/Times-New-Roman.ttf);}

@font-face {
font-weight: bold; 
src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/Times-New-Roman-Bold.ttf);}

@font-face {
font-style: italic; 
src:url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/Times-New-Roman-Italic.ttf);}

@font-face {
font-weight: bold; 
font-style: italic; 
src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/Times-New-Roman-Bold-Italic.ttf);}
When I convert a file from epub to epub, one of the font-faces loses the "src: url" data.

The code looks like this:

Code:
@font-face {
font-style: normal; }
I'm expecting to see this:

Code:
@font-face {
src: url(res: ///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/Times-New-Roman.ttf);}
I'm not sure why my font-weight normal, font-style-normal @font-face is losing the url information on conversion?

I'd appreciate any and all help

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hard to say without a complete example.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2024, 04:13 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hard to say without a complete example.
Do you need the page_style.css file as an example or the file I'm converting as an example? From what I can tell this is happening with all epubs I convert.

I'll see if I can find a public domain ebook for an example if that's what you need.

Thanks,
Amalthia
Old 02-10-2024, 04:44 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Are you saying the problem only occurs for the first font-face shown in the first post of this thread?

If so I did notice that there is an added space in the url that does not appear in the other font-face definitions.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 05:23 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Are you saying the problem only occurs for the first font-face shown in the first post of this thread?

If so I did notice that there is an added space in the url that does not appear in the other font-face definitions.
Yes, the problem is only happening with the first font-face.

I'll remove the space and see if that helps.

Thanks!
Amalthia
Advert
Old 02-10-2024, 06:04 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard

Removing the extra space made a difference! It's now fixed. Thanks for catching that!