Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2024, 11:54 PM   #1
mjfriedman
Connoisseur
mjfriedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Auto-Send News to Kindle

Hi-- I recently had to set up Calibre on a new computer. Although "Automatically Send Downloaded News to E-Book Reader" is checked and, under Sharing Books By Email "Auto Send" box also is checked, Calibre is not automatically emailing the news downloads to my Kindle. If I manually click the Connect/share button I can have Calibre send by email, but I really need this to happen automatically.

Assume I am missing a setting somewhere. Can someone help?

Thank you as always!
mjfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to check that the output format you have selected is either mobi or azw3 under preferences->behavior.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2024, 12:36 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Would the OP not need to have ePub format for Send to Kindle? I was under the impression that mobi is no longer supported by StK and KF8/azw3 was never supported. Though for sending over USB, mobi would still be the best choice.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If he wants to auto email epub, then the output format should be epub and epub should be in the list of supported formats for the kindle email address in Preferences->Sharing by email. But be aware that amazon routinely rejects epubs sent by email without providing any reasons.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:51 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If he wants to auto email epub, then the output format should be epub and epub should be in the list of supported formats for the kindle email address in Preferences->Sharing by email. But be aware that amazon routinely rejects epubs sent by email without providing any reasons.
I was making the assumption that they were using Send to Kindle from the mention of how they were also configuring Sharing books by email and the mention of "calibre is not automatically emailing the news downloads".

As for the random rejections? I've given up on finding any rhyme or reason for that happening.
Advert
Old 02-08-2024, 09:41 AM   #6
mjfriedman
Connoisseur
mjfriedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you for the replies! I unticked the Auto Send box then re-ticked it. Calibre now sends the emails automatically, so all good there. However Amazon replies with an email asking me to confirm that I sent the file (EPUB). The outlook.com email address I plugged into Calibre is listed with Amazon as an authorized sender. Any suggestions there?

Thanks again.
mjfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:40 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Hmmm... poke pins into effigies of Jeff Bezos? I played with StK a few times and it's been nothing but a PITA for it's inconsistencies.