Device: Asus Windows Laptop
Scientific American

Download fails to record anything besides table of contents

Absolute non-geek, how to recover?
Pacdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 03:35 AM   #2
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
https://github.com/unkn0w7n/calibre/...cc0662859045f8
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #3
rpresser
rpresser has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Ebookwise1150, Treo 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
Confirmed to be working. Download the recipe file from Github, edit the news source, load recipe from file, works.
rpresser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 11:44 AM   #4
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
no need to do all that. just use the built in recipe, its already updated.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 05:10 AM   #5
DaySleeper
Connoisseur
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
But I assume you'd have to update Calibre to pull in the updated recipe? Easier (if you aren't in the mood to update everything) to just get the recipe update (which I installed and it works great, btw!)
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2023, 05:26 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No you do not have to update calibre to get updated recipes, they are updated automatically within calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:35 PM   #7
Pacdoc
Retired Divergent
Pacdoc began at the beginning.

Solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacdoc View Post
Download fails to record anything besides table of contents

Absolute non-geek, how to recover?
I went to Calibre Fetch News feed and selected Schedule News download and deleted the Scientific American entry.

I closed Calibre and restarted and went to English and chose Scientific American anew.

It did the correct downloading.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:59 AM   #8
DaySleeper
Connoisseur
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No you do not have to update calibre to get updated recipes, they are updated automatically within calibre.
In all versions, including portable (which is what I use: Portable 6.14.1)? Does something display to let me know a recipe has been updated? I ask because the Scientific American recipe had stopped working correctly and only worked properly again after I used "edit built-in recipe" and pasted in the updated recipe code.
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:20 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In all versions and always.
Old 12-08-2023, 02:43 PM   #10
Pacdoc
Retired Divergent
Pacdoc began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In all versions and always.
I am diligent about updates, have Calibre set to inform me whenever new update is available and do it immediately.
I was up to date when Sci Am failed - the error continued until I deleted it from the Selected group, closed down and restarted.
I conclude that the repaired recipe had already been downloaded but somehow the old instructions were being followed until the entry in Selected was removed.
I wish to add great gratitude for this public domain gift of creative genius, I am in far outback Australia and access to up-to-date information is unavailable without time consuming travel to inferior public library sources
Old 12-08-2023, 09:45 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No recipes are downloaded every time you run them, the first step in downloading a news source is to downlaod the recipe, then the downloaded recipe is used to download the actual content, there is no updated cache of recipes. About the only way I can think of for this process to fail is if downloading the recipes is failing or if you are using a custom recipe built from the builtin one.