Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-10-2023, 01:33 PM   #1
Sys_eng
Sys_eng began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Save annotations to a file in ebook viewer, then view these annotations in the browse

Can someone, please, help me undestnad how to save annotations on a device, and view them using content server on another device.

I came across this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338814
In which Kovid said, "you tell the calibre viewer which username on the server to sync with, look in the miscellaneous section of the viewer preferences."

https://ibb.co/HgqGY6w

i can see in the setting that Kovid refers to (in the screenshot), but I am not sure which user I should specify here as I have not set up any users in the first place. This is what confuses me.
Your help would be highly apreciated.
Sys_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
Sys_eng

Update: I managed to create an account and add it to the E-book viewer.
I started to see the annotations created on a file on the web syncing back to Calibre locally; however, the annotations created on a file on Calibre locally do not sync back when I open the same file on the web.
Advert
Old 11-10-2023, 09:41 PM   #3
Sys_eng

I got help on this and now I understand how it works.

I did not notice before the "sync" button in the E-book viewer on the web. On the app, there is no sync button. There is however, a "reload" button.
Hitting the "sync" button, and then the "reload" button helped to achieve the expected behavior.

Tags
highlights annotations