Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-10-2023, 01:11 PM   #1
vijaye7
vijaye7 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova 2
MathML display variances in KOReader between Kindle Paperwhite 2 and Boox Nova 2

I've been using Boox Nova 2 for quite a while now supplanting my Kindle Paperwhite gen 2. I am trying to read some math epubs (with MathML) on my Nova 2 in KOReader app but all formulas are showing mangled. I am trying to find a solution online to no avail. Many sites mention KOReader indeed supports MathML epubs. I tried on a whim the same book on Paperwhite, also in KOReader; and, voila it displayed the math formulas perfectly.

The screenshot shows same page with formulas in KOReader on Paperwhite (on left) and Nova 2 (on right) side by side.

Why is KOReader in Paperwhite displaying the formulas correctly and not in Nova 2? Can someone shed some light on how to make MathML epub work on Nova2?

https://github.com/rahulsdad/KOReade..._BooxNova2.jpg

vijaye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Are you sure you're actually using a recent version on your Android device?

IIRC, I vaguely seem to recall some vendors bundling a truly horrendous hacked/old version in their in-house app store (and, Onyx being Onyx, that's a fair query ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2023, 02:24 PM   #3
vijaye7

The device itself is not displaying the android version anywhere clearly. The firmware version simply shows as 2023-05-15_11-51_3.3.2_0653eec63.

I am using April release for KOReader - Had a black appear at the bottom of the screen if I use a release later than that.
Old 11-11-2023, 07:28 AM   #4
hugleo
hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kobo glo
The black bar on bottom should be fixed with: https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/439

Have you tried disabling Onyx optimizations? The default Onyx optimizations change DPI and it might be causing problems.
Is reflow disabled?
hugleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 11:00 PM   #5
vijaye7

Yes. I tried disabling all optimizations - no changes.

Thanks for letting me know the fix is there in the link. I am not versed in this technology. I see the git issue link but can you tell me how to use it? I did not find that file in the device.
Advert
Old 11-25-2023, 04:14 PM   #6
hugleo
hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaye7 View Post
Yes. I tried disabling all optimizations - no changes.

Thanks for letting me know the fix is there in the link. I am not versed in this technology. I see the git issue link but can you tell me how to use it? I did not find that file in the device.
You can't. That's a non editable file and you will have to wait to be merged in the official or only if you create a personal build apk.

Other than that try an user patch in files that can be edited. Found in last messages in this forum, if hardware rotation is supported (or a third app to do that).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...240617&page=32

or the thing:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10808
hugleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:21 AM   #7
vijaye7

That rotate workaround worked nicely. Thanks. I am now on the latest KOReader version.

Now just waiting for MathML to work. Perhaps the device needs rooting and loading new Android?

Tags
boox nova 2, koreader, mathml, nova 2, paperwhite 2