Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-28-2023, 10:48 AM   #1
emilgoku
emilgoku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Should I jailbreak my Oasis?

With the new LanguageBreak I could jailbreak my Oasis to use KoReader. I mainly use my Kindle to read manga, so before it would've been great to jailbreak to use CBZ, but now that I can use ePub to Send to Kindle from my PC, which imo it's easier than Calibre, plus the fact that Kindle Comic Converter already applies dither to the manga images (so I wouldn't need KoReaders real time dithering), is there any pros to jailbreaking? What else could I do with a jailbroken Oasis? The only thing at the moment that occurs to me is that I can disable or lenghten the time it taks to go to the screensaver...
emilgoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:41 AM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Many of the traditional benefits of jailbreaking (custom fonts, book cover as screensaver) are now supported in the official firmware; if you're happy with the standard UI and won't be using KOReader, then in my opinion there aren't many reasons to jailbreak.
BionicGecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2023, 04:32 PM   #3
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
Many of the traditional benefits of jailbreaking (custom fonts, book cover as screensaver) are now supported in the official firmware; if you're happy with the standard UI and won't be using KOReader, then in my opinion there aren't many reasons to jailbreak.
You are so true. Right now, the only reason left to me for jailbreaking is collection handling.
Amazon's way of managing the collections is incredibly cumbersome and limited and annoying (because it wants to connect to the web to synch it).
I use Calibre, a plugin there and the LibrarianSync KUAL extension to manage and create them automatically on my PW5.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote