Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-03-2023, 05:40 PM   #1
brownstein
brownstein began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch N905B
Kobo touch 905b home assistant dash - refresh single image on schedule

Picked up the kobo at a thrift store and wanted to repurpose it as an easy on the eyes snapshot dashboard for home assistant.

The kobo stays connected to WiFi and powered on at all times, displaying a single png image that is processed and formated through a home assistant addon and then transferred to the kobo via scp.

I have this all working perfectly right now, however, the image gets updated every 60 seconds but I haven't found a way to automatically refresh it on the kobo. I tried making some scripts(through chatgpt!) but I have not been successful at it throws some non zero errors at me.

I'm sure this is a pretty trivial thing to do for many on here, it's just not where my particular set of skills thrives. Can anyone detail the way to get that image to refresh?
brownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 07:20 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's a Kobo developer's subforum btw. But I'd suggest including much more detail about what it actually is that you tried.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert