Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2023, 02:19 PM   #1
edwarddiaz
edwarddiaz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Aspect ratio of the covers under grid view

Hello, I'm trying to set up my library with calibre. I use the grid view and I can't find a way to have all covers presented with the same size.
I'm able to do that unchecking "keep the aspect ratio of the covers" under cover navigation, but it doesn't work for the grid view. I've looked through all options and checked the manual but I really can't find a way.
If it is possible, does anyone know how?
Calibre version: 6.12.0
edwarddiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarddiaz View Post
Hello, I'm trying to set up my library with calibre. I use the grid view and I can't find a way to have all covers presented with the same size.
I'm able to do that unchecking "keep the aspect ratio of the covers" under cover navigation, but it doesn't work for the grid view. I've looked through all options and checked the manual but I really can't find a way.
If it is possible, does anyone know how?
Calibre version: 6.12.0
The only way to have all of your covers presented at the same size is to have them the same size. Covers come in different aspect ratio and sizes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yes, what Jon said above. If you don't want to deal with it, one option is to use the Generate Covers plugin with image set to 'current cover' and the dimension set to your preferred ratio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-13 15_37_17-Cover Options.png
Views:	66
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	199727  
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:54 PM   #4
edwarddiaz
edwarddiaz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for your suggestion.
Since it is not supported natively, looking at the plugins was in fact the solution. I think that the suggested plugin does even more than what I need because it adds also some new background to the cover. To just resize without changing the appearance of the cover I've found another plugin from the same developer which is called Resize Cover.
So, if it can be useful for future readers:
Ctrl+A, click on the Resize cover plugin and in few seconds all covers will get resized at the same width and height. Problem solved!
edwarddiaz is offline   Reply With Quote