Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #1
emphyrion
Enthusiast
emphyrion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad, Nexus 7
Switch tags by drag & drop

Hello,
When I drag a book on a tag in the left pane, it adds the tag to the book.
Is there a way to replace all book tags with the one you dragged the book to?
I have dozens of books to manage and would like to move them from one tag to the other as if they were folders.

Thank you,
Emphyrio
emphyrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 03:36 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Not sure this will help, but...?

Have you tried selecting all the books that have tags you want to change, and do a 'Edit Metadata - In Bulk'?

There you can remove all tags, remove certain tags, and put in the tag you want.

Or, You could do a 'Search and Replace' on the tag name.

Or, under Tags, go to the tags you don't want anymore and rename them to the tag you want to change them to. Then the program will sort them all together.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2022, 04:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Not sure this will help, but...?
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔ and

If you press Shift+F2 on a Tags cell in the Book list, the Manage Items: Tags dialogue will pop, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-03 072217.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	196950

Double clicking an item on either side will move it to the other side.

There's also the Category editor (Tags) dialogue, which you can access via the Manage Categories tool which can be added to toolbars and menus, or by right clicking a Tag in the Book details and Tag browser panels.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-03 073832.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	196951

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:01 AM   #4
emphyrion
Enthusiast

Thanks you both.
I know about these ways to manage tags and I already use them.
But unfortunately, it doesn't help because it is way too long and too many steps juste to remove a tag.
I didn't know about Shift-F2, but it doesn't help either.

I am really looking for a speedy way to "remove all tags but one" from selected books.
Right click, "Edit Metadata - In Bulk", and add remove tags is way too many steps when you have hundreds of books and dozens on tags to manage.
Is there any way to add a shortcut to "Edit Metadata - In Bulk" ? It is one of the options I use the most...
Old 10-03-2022, 03:15 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by emphyrion View Post
. . .
Is there any way to add a shortcut to "Edit Metadata - In Bulk" ? It is one of the options I use the most...

Name:	Hiding in plain sight.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	196953

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2022, 03:25 AM   #6
emphyrion
Enthusiast

Great! I didn't know about these settings.
It will help.
Thank you.