Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2021, 03:57 AM   #1
42ba
42ba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Spots under the bezel

Hello. I just bought a new Libra H2O from Amazon and I noticed how the left and top bezels of my e-reader have weird white lines or spots that also light up when I look under the bezels, especially near the centers.

I don't notice them when I'm reading, but I'm wondering whether this is just a cosmetic thing with Kobo not having precise plastic parts or is this a sign that the Libra I got is actually used or has a defect. Do you guys have these lines too? Attached a pic. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	librabezel.png
Views:	244
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	188494  
42ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #2
astoriedsoul
Enthusiast
astoriedsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc 7, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ba View Post
Hello. I just bought a new Libra H2O from Amazon and I noticed how the left and top bezels of my e-reader have weird white lines or spots that also light up when I look under the bezels, especially near the centers.

I don't notice them when I'm reading, but I'm wondering whether this is just a cosmetic thing with Kobo not having precise plastic parts or is this a sign that the Libra I got is actually used or has a defect. Do you guys have these lines too? Attached a pic. Thanks!!
I actually had this issue several months after receiving my first Libra. In short, the bezel where the page-turn buttons are started pulling away from the screen. I could increasingly see under the bezel. I got a replacement and haven't had the issue since.

I think it's normal to see a bit of light on the side because that's where the light strip is. However, I don't think it should be THAT visible. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you haven't had the device long, maybe consider a replacement.
astoriedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Do the spots show up when you have the front light off? Are they visible during your normal reading (i.e. not looking at the screen from such a low angle)?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #4
42ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by astoriedsoul View Post
I actually had this issue several months after receiving my first Libra. In short, the bezel where the page-turn buttons are started pulling away from the screen. I could increasingly see under the bezel. I got a replacement and haven't had the issue since.

I think it's normal to see a bit of light on the side because that's where the light strip is. However, I don't think it should be THAT visible. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you haven't had the device long, maybe consider a replacement.

Thanks! I'll try talking with Amazon and see if they'll give me a replacement.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:16 PM   #5
42ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Do the spots show up when you have the front light off? Are they visible during your normal reading (i.e. not looking at the screen from such a low angle)?
The spots and lines are barely visible without light, but they're there (my theory is that it's an uneven cut of the black plastic for the bezel, or maybe the bezel isn't level). I don't notice them during normal reading though, only when I'm checking for dust on the screen.
Advert