Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #1
anton271
anton271 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 3
Unhappy Note 3 "To start Android, enter your password"

I did an extremely stupid thing and tested how lock is working on Note 3 using "find my device"...
Now when I'm starting it I'm getting "To start Android, enter your password"
I'm entering the password and clicking "done" on the keyboard but nothing happens... It looks like "done" is only hiding the keyboard but not submitting the password.

I was trying this instruction to enter recovery mode but it didn't help. I'm not even sure if recovery mode can help in this situation

Is there a way out of this?
anton271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton271 View Post
I can not help you: but have you tried with a external keyboard? If it is a virtual keyboard related problem, maybe could help...
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
I did an extremely stupid thing and tested how lock is working on Note 3 using "find my device"...
Now when I'm starting it I'm getting "To start Android, enter your password"
I'm entering the password and clicking "done" on the keyboard but nothing happens... It looks like "done" is only hiding the keyboard but not submitting the password.

I was trying this instruction to enter recovery mode but it didn't help. I'm not even sure if recovery mode can help in this situation

Ask help@boox.com or boox.com/support or chat m.me/boox.fans
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
anton271

Thank you!
Unfortunately, connecting the external keyboard hasn't helped. The behaviour is the same (nothing happens when Enter is pressed)
Now, I'm trying to connect with support.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Can you tell that digits are entered in the box ? (like dots or asterisk-s are shown) ? I wonder if it's a focus/selection issue ...
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2021, 04:15 AM   #6
anton271

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
Can you tell that digits are entered in the box ? (like dots or asterisk-s are shown) ?
Password is masked by dots.

Quote:
I wonder if it's a focus/selection issue ...
Yes, it can be something like that. At first, I couldn't see the input field until I started tapping everywhere on the screen and selected it. I also tried to tap everywhere on the screen in case there is a hidden button, but no luck
Old 03-26-2021, 04:28 AM   #7
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Password is masked by dots.

Yes, it can be something like that. At first, I couldn't see the input field until I started tapping everywhere on the screen and selected it. I also tried to tap everywhere on the screen in case there is a hidden button, but no luck
Have you tried to turn off the background contrast in app preferences (if you can reach the navigation ball)? Sometimes it hides some elements on the screen when the color contrast is low.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:22 AM   #8
anton271

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
Have you tried to turn off the background contrast in app preferences (if you can reach the navigation ball)? Sometimes it hides some elements on the screen when the color contrast is low.
I cannot reach the navigation ball or upper bar. I think only loading into the recovery and wiping device will help. But I'm not sure how to do so (and even if it is possible)
Old 03-26-2021, 09:56 AM   #9
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Can you try this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=1 ?
Old 03-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #10
anton271

Quote:
I tried it but it hasn't helped. When I'm doing this it is either loading as usual or just stops at "onyx" screen. I waited for this screen for half an hour so it is definitely frozen or even switched off (led is off on power button)

Maybe it hasn't helped as I'm connecting it to a computer with macOS (I've also tried just connecting to a charger)
Old 04-15-2021, 04:15 AM   #11
anton271

In the end, I solved the problem by giving the e-book to the service centre.
They said that to load to recovery mode the next steps should be done (which is different from instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=1 )
1. Make sure that the device is off
2. Press and hold the button below screen
3. Connect the device to charger (while the button is still pressed)
4. In around 30 seconds recovery screen should appear then you can release the button
Old 04-15-2021, 07:21 AM   #12
dnastase
Addict

Quote:
In the end, I solved the problem by giving the e-book to the service centre.
They said that to load to recovery mode the next steps should be done (which is different from instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=1 )
1. Make sure that the device is off
2. Press and hold the button below screen
3. Connect the device to charger (while the button is still pressed)
4. In around 30 seconds recovery screen should appear then you can release the button
Thank you for sharing this !
And happy you could get your device back, enjoy it !