Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2020, 05:47 AM   #1
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
'sending metadata to device' is slow from Calibre

When I upload books to my Kindle from Calibre, it takes about 30 seconds to send the metadata for each book, which slows down the process enormously. There are thousands of books on the Kindle already; I believe this is why it takes longer.

My question is, why should I want Calibre to send this metadata to the device? I have tried sending files to the device simply by dragging and dropping in the file explorer, and the books showed up on the Kindle with no apparent issues.

Is there some significant benefit to waiting for Calibre to slowly transfer this metadata, or can I disable this so that Calibre just sends the file instead?
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote