Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
livewirerc
livewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo H2O
Updated firmware on Likebook Mars - now I cannot see my books!

I just updated the firmware to the one released late last week, and now in the "Read" tab, I cannot see anything under "recently added" or "library". All the "Library" page shows me is a sad looking book wit the text:

"Copy the books ot the Books folder under the root directory"

All of my books are in a Books/ folder on a secondary SD card. Do you know if it is possible to scan that card to add my Books/ directory, without having to copy my books over to the devices internal memory?
livewirerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
ivodanielfonseca
ivodanielfonseca began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistems Pro HD
You must do a factory reset of the device (Don't forget to backup first). After that, your books will appear as they should.
ivodanielfonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
livewirerc
livewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivodanielfonseca View Post
You must do a factory reset of the device (Don't forget to backup first). After that, your books will appear as they should.
Forgive my ignorance, but won't doing a factory reset also delete all of my notes, application downloads, and the rest? Seems like a rather drastic step to merely get the device to see a folder that it saw prior to the update.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
livewirerc

GOT MINE WORKING!

I went to the new "App" page, then opened "UserSettings".
Select "Apps".
Select "BoyueOS".
Select "Storage".
Select "Clear data".

I did the same steps for the "File Manager" app as well.

Once I did the above, I rebooted the device and it now shows ALL of my books, sorted by date of upload.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Thats a good tip, delete the OS data for an almost-factory reset.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
Chilipops
Chilipops began at the beginning.

Device: nook 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewirerc View Post
GOT MINE WORKING!

I went to the new "App" page, then opened "UserSettings".
Select "Apps".
Select "BoyueOS".
Select "Storage".
Select "Clear data".

I did the same steps for the "File Manager" app as well.

Once I did the above, I rebooted the device and it now shows ALL of my books, sorted by date of upload.
Thanks - this worked for me!!
Chilipops is offline   Reply With Quote