Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Aura Edition 2 Question

I have a KA1 which I love but my 8 year old son has hi-jacked it. I have the opportunity to buy a used (used only once) Aura Edition 2 for him for $70 CAD (kobo.com has them for $129.99 CAD).

This will connect to overdrive via WiFi right? Any reason why I would not want to pick this up for him? I’ve not owned this version before. I went from the Touch to the Glow to the KA1 so I know nothing about the Aura Edition 2.
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, the Aura 2 will support Overdrive. Kobo added it last year. You will need at least the 4.10.x firmware, but the device should update to the latest when you do the setup.

I'm not aware of any real reasons not to go with it. It will be closer to the Glo than the Aura ONE (size, resolution). The main criticism I can think of for the Aura 2 has been the price. At what Kobo asks, you are better to get the Clara HD. If you are getting a new device, the price you are paying is good.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Being that it’s for an 8 year old boy I’m thinking the $70 is a better place to start maybe? Rather than buying new.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Being that it’s for an 8 year old boy I’m thinking the $70 is a better place to start maybe? Rather than buying new.
Actually, I read your post as "my son's not giving the Aura ONE back, what do buy myself?" For me, the answer would be a Forma. But, if you are getting it for him, the Aura 2 at that price should be good.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:05 AM   #5
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Actually, I read your post as "my son's not giving the Aura ONE back, what do buy myself?" For me, the answer would be a Forma. But, if you are getting it for him, the Aura 2 at that price should be good.
Haha. That was actually my original plan. Mother’s Day is coming up after all. But I really don’t need to upgrade myself just yet. And this deal popped up on my local buy and sell so I though it might be a good way to save a bit of cash and getting my reader back
Advert