Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 12:23 AM   #1
Garygoblin
Garygoblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
How to filter books without embedded metadata?

Hello everybody

I'm considering polishing my library, and embedding metadata into my book files. Since my library is somehow large, it would take a lot of time to run "embed metadata" blindly on all books.
So I wonder if there's any way to find the books that are missing embedded and/or outdated tags so I can update them

Thanks a lot
Garygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Get the Quality Check plugin. It has a functions to search for books with bat metadata.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
Garygoblin
Garygoblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Get the Quality Check plugin. It has a functions to search for books with bat metadata.
Thanks, that's not exactly what I need. I have all the metadata in my library database, but some of them are not embedded to book files. So when I share them on net, the books clients get does not have the proper tags
Garygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Use a Work Bench Library to do all of your metadata updates, and embed the metadata just before copying (with delete) to your "clean" Library. Use your "clean" Library to copy to the web. So, all of your Work Bench books, and none of your "clean" books, need embedding.

If a "clean" book needs to be changed, either move it back to the WB Library before doing so, or immediately embed its newly-changed metadata.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote