Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 05:10 AM   #1
lucasapoll
lucasapoll began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, Ipad Mini
.moby files error cover - video

My .mobi files do not have a cover when I put it on my Kindle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQH6...ature=youtu.be I do not know what to do. Can you help me? Sorry my english! Thanks
lucasapoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Your link to the video does not work.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The reasons why a cover thumbnail might not show up on your Kindle device can vary based on the model and firmware version.

As a general rule, if you are using calibre to sideload the book it should be in azw3, mobi-both, or kfx format. It must be marked as an ebook (not a personal document). While loading the book onto the device, calibre will create a separate file with the cover image and place it in the proper directory.

If you wish to email the book to your account so that it can sync across multiple apps and devices then you must use mobi-old format to get a cover thumbnail. In doing so you may sacrifice some of the formatting of the book and some reading features (such as font boldness) will not be available for that book.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
lucasapoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Your link to the video does not work.
Sorry! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQH6DApLqos
Old 01-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #5
lucasapoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasapoll View Post
My .mobi files do not have a cover when I put it on my Kindle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQH6...ature=youtu.be I do not know what to do. Can you help me? Sorry my english! Thanks
Quote:
The reasons why a cover thumbnail might not show up on your Kindle device can vary based on the model and firmware version.

As a general rule, if you are using calibre to sideload the book it should be in azw3, mobi-both, or kfx format. It must be marked as an ebook (not a personal document). While loading the book onto the device, calibre will create a separate file with the cover image and place it in the proper directory.

If you wish to email the book to your account so that it can sync across multiple apps and devices then you must use mobi-old format to get a cover thumbnail. In doing so you may sacrifice some of the formatting of the book and some reading features (such as font boldness) will not be available for that book.
Ah, ok! Thank you!
Advert
Old 01-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #6
lucasapoll

Quote:

Ah, thank you!