Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #1
ChristianM
ChristianM began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Custom Templates on Max2 / Note

Dear Forum,

I am considering to purchase the new Onyx Boox Max2 or upcoming Note. I want to use the device primarely for business purpose, replace my traditional paper notebook and streamline meeting protocols and business notes in digital format

Therefore, it is important for me to be able to use our own corporate templates and forms in the note taking app.

-> Does anybody know, if it is possible to add custom templates to the note taking app and use them like the default installed templates?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I don't have the answer to your question, since I haven't tried looking into it; but I'd be surprised if it was any harder to do than converting your templates to the right format and copying them into the proper directory.

At least, that's how it works on the Remarkable (which, in my experience, is way better for note taking - but it's also way behind on the reading experience). I haven't tried adding templates to my Remarkable either, but I've read blog posts explaining that it works.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
I am considering to purchase the new Onyx Boox Max2 or upcoming Note. I want to use the device primarely for business purpose, replace my traditional paper notebook and streamline meeting protocols and business notes in digital format

Therefore, it is important for me to be able to use our own corporate templates and forms in the note taking app.
Your process is not fully clear.
Take into account that it is an Android device and you are not limited to (you can use more than) the shipped note taking app (which you cannot currently test). So, if you know of an Android application that does the job, it will probably to very probably work well on the Max2.
We can test it for you, in case, if you tell us which software to test and how.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #4
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Your process is not fully clear.
Take into account that it is an Android device and you are not limited to (you can use more than) the shipped note taking app (which you cannot currently test). So, if you know of an Android application that does the job, it will probably to very probably work well on the Max2.
We can test it for you, in case, if you tell us which software to test and how.
May be Sony DPT-RP1 will do beter job than Max2?, i bought Max Carta june last year, sure i will turn my next choice in favor Sony brand!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #5
baljo
Connoisseur
baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Sony Reader PRS-650, GoodEReader 13.3", Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Dear Forum,

-> Does anybody know, if it is possible to add custom templates to the note taking app and use them like the default installed templates?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian
Not an answer to your question as such, here's though what I'm doing myself:
I've created PDF-files with empty A4 and A3-pages. With my 13.3" GoodEreader I'm then taking notes in the PDF-application. Instead of empty pages, I'd of course be able to use any template with logo etc.
baljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #6
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
The answer is yes. Someone had done this before. But I don't remember which folder you should put the template PDFs in.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote