Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #1
tracis035
tracis035 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung tablet, samsung phone
book details pane

This question is more of a cosmetic issue with the info in the book details panel (which is on the right side of my screen)...

I have my computer set so all programs have dark grey or black backgrounds to help with eye strain. In my book details panel the "links" such as series and format are blue text. I am wondering if there is a way to change the color of these as it is very difficult to read the blue text on a dark background. Alternately if the "link" color can't be changed, is there a way to make them into plain text so they just show up the same color as everything else in the book details side panel?

I have no ability with python so if that is required for the changes I want, please don't bother trying to explain the process - just let me know it is not possible for the basic calibre user. If this is not something changeable in the current version, is this something that could be easily addressed in a future version?
tracis035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I moved this thread into the general are since it dealt with UI rather than managing books

Calibre can use your system theme or its theme

Preferences: Look and Feel: Interface Style: <2 choices>

I don't know where it gets the CSS for links
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2016, 12:27 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The link color comes from whatever link color is defined in your system theme and you can override it by customizing the file templates/book_details.css as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ates-et-cetera
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:00 AM   #4
tracis035

I sort of understand, but not completely... I followed the directions and I can get the link color to change when I am hovering over it, but I can't figure out how to change the default blue link color...

This is what the css looks like after I changed the hover color to yellow - can you specifically tell me what I need to alter in order to change the default blue link color to something else?

a {
text-decoration: none;
/* LINK_COLOR below will be replaced with the link color defined by the current color theme */
color: LINK_COLOR
}

a:hover {
color: yellow
}

.comments {
margin-top: 0;
padding-top: 0;
text-indent: 0
}

.comments-heading {
font-size: larger;
font-weight: bold
}

table.fields {
margin-bottom: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
}

table.fields td {
vertical-align: top
}

table.fields td.title {
}

.series_name {
font-style: italic
}

/*
The HTML that this stylesheet applies to looks like this:

<table class="fields">
<tr id="formats" class="datatype_text"><td class="title">Formats:</td><td><a href="format:572:EPUB">EPUB</a>, <a href="format:572:LIT">LIT</a></td></tr>
<tr id="series" class="datatype_series"><td class="title">Series:</td><td>Book II of <a href="..."><span class="series_name">The Sea Beggars</span></a></td></tr>
<tr id="tags" class="datatype_text"><td class="title">Tags:</td><td><a href="...">Fantasy</a>, <a href="...">Fiction</a></td></tr>
<tr id="path" class="datatype_text"><td class="title">Path:</td><td><a href="path:572" title="/home/kovid/test library/Paul Kearney/This Forsaken Earth (572)">Click to open</a></td></tr>
</table>

<div id="comments" class="comments"><h3>From Publishers Weekly</h3><p>At the start of Kearney's rousing sequel to <em>The Mark of Ran</em> (2005), Rol Cortishane, the youthful captain of the privateer <em>Revenant</em>, captures a slaver and frees its chained slaves. Back in the harbor of Ganesh Ka in the land of Umer, Rol encounters an untrustworthy acquaintance he hasn't seen in years, Canker, a former king of thieves, who urges Rol to join in the fight to save Rowen, a darkly beautiful queen, whose throne is at risk in mountainous Bionar. That Rowen is Rol's half-sister for whom he has lusted in the past doesn't make Rol's decision to help an easy one. If as in <em>The Mark of Ran</em> the action is more lively at sea than on land, Kearney's solid storytelling and nautical detail worthy of C.S. Forester or Patrick O'Brian will keep readers turning the pages. <em>(Dec.)</em> <br />Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. </p><h3>From</h3><p>The sequel to <em>The Mark of Ran</em> (2005) finds heroic young Rol Cortishane grown to be a much-feared sea captain. Deciding to ignore his mysterious past, he spends his energy on ship and crew. He is still an outlaw, however, and the only port he can call home is Ganesh Ka, the endangered city of exiles. When word comes from Rowan, his half-sister, asking him to fight on her behalf, he must weigh the safety of Ganesh Ka against Rowan's treachery in the past. Finally persuaded to aid Rowan, he learns more of betrayal and his heritage in the ensuing battles than he had wanted to know. Kearney's characters are much better developed here than they were in <em>The Mark of Ran</em>, and since the book tells a single story, the plot is tighter. Moreover, because almost all the action transpires in the here and now, the sequel can be read without reference to the predecessor. Since it ends hanging on a particularly bloody cliff, expect to see more of Kearney's excellent maritime fantasy. <em>Frieda Murray</em><br /><em>Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved</em></p>
</div>

<h3 class="comments-heading">Custom comments column heading</h3>
<div id="_customcolname" class="comments">...</div>
*/
Old 11-03-2016, 03:08 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

a {
text-color: gray
}
Advert
Old 11-03-2016, 03:09 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Sorry, typo

a {
color: gray
}
Old 11-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
tracis035

I am obviously doing something wrong I have restarted calibre... I have restarted my laptop... and I have restarted calibre again... multiple times as I have tried making changes.

The only success I have had is changing link color to yellow while hovering over it and changing the series text from italic to regular. So I am able to make working changes to the css - just not changing the link color to something other than blue.

Am I making a stupid mistake somwhere? Your help again would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the css after I "tried" changing the link color to gray:
note: (I have also tried loading the css deleting the line /* LINK_COLOR below will be replaced with the link color defined by the current color theme */)

a {
/* LINK_COLOR below will be replaced with the link color defined by the current color theme */
color: gray
}

a:hover {
color: yellow
}

.comments {
margin-top: 0;
padding-top: 0;
text-indent: 0
}

.comments-heading {
font-size: larger;
}

table.fields {
margin-bottom: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
}

table.fields td {
vertical-align: top
}

table.fields td.title {
}

.series_name {
font-style: none
}

/*
The HTML that this stylesheet applies to looks like this:

<table class="fields">
<tr id="formats" class="datatype_text"><td class="title">Formats:</td><td><a href="format:572:EPUB">EPUB</a>, <a href="format:572:LIT">LIT</a></td></tr>
<tr id="series" class="datatype_series"><td class="title">Series:</td><td>Book II of <a href="..."><span class="series_name">The Sea Beggars</span></a></td></tr>
<tr id="tags" class="datatype_text"><td class="title">Tags:</td><td><a href="...">Fantasy</a>, <a href="...">Fiction</a></td></tr>
<tr id="path" class="datatype_text"><td class="title">Path:</td><td><a href="path:572" title="/home/kovid/test library/Paul Kearney/This Forsaken Earth (572)">Click to open</a></td></tr>
</table>

<div id="comments" class="comments"><h3>From Publishers Weekly</h3><p>At the start of Kearney's rousing sequel to <em>The Mark of Ran</em> (2005), Rol Cortishane, the youthful captain of the privateer <em>Revenant</em>, captures a slaver and frees its chained slaves. Back in the harbor of Ganesh Ka in the land of Umer, Rol encounters an untrustworthy acquaintance he hasn't seen in years, Canker, a former king of thieves, who urges Rol to join in the fight to save Rowen, a darkly beautiful queen, whose throne is at risk in mountainous Bionar. That Rowen is Rol's half-sister for whom he has lusted in the past doesn't make Rol's decision to help an easy one. If as in <em>The Mark of Ran</em> the action is more lively at sea than on land, Kearney's solid storytelling and nautical detail worthy of C.S. Forester or Patrick O'Brian will keep readers turning the pages. <em>(Dec.)</em> <br />Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. </p><h3>From</h3><p>The sequel to <em>The Mark of Ran</em> (2005) finds heroic young Rol Cortishane grown to be a much-feared sea captain. Deciding to ignore his mysterious past, he spends his energy on ship and crew. He is still an outlaw, however, and the only port he can call home is Ganesh Ka, the endangered city of exiles. When word comes from Rowan, his half-sister, asking him to fight on her behalf, he must weigh the safety of Ganesh Ka against Rowan's treachery in the past. Finally persuaded to aid Rowan, he learns more of betrayal and his heritage in the ensuing battles than he had wanted to know. Kearney's characters are much better developed here than they were in <em>The Mark of Ran</em>, and since the book tells a single story, the plot is tighter. Moreover, because almost all the action transpires in the here and now, the sequel can be read without reference to the predecessor. Since it ends hanging on a particularly bloody cliff, expect to see more of Kearney's excellent maritime fantasy. <em>Frieda Murray</em><br /><em>Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved</em></p>
</div>

<h3 class="comments-heading">Custom comments column heading</h3>
<div id="_customcolname" class="comments">...</div>
*/
Old 11-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can try adding an !important after it, like this

a {
color: gray !important
}