Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
2023001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Any Kobo glo HD skin?

I have brought my kobo glo hd one month ago and I really enjoy reading with it. The only imperfection is that the bazel of the device is surprisingly suseptible to scratches and blemishes. As a careless person, I have already got a few scratches on the bazel. I have been searching for a skin to cover it and prevent it from being further damaged and but it seems that there is no specified skins for glo HD but only glo from different online store such as decalgirl. I would like to ask if the skin for glo can also fit the glo hd (have anyone tried it?) or are there any other options with reasonable price? Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.
2023001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the Glo HD is the same size as the Glo, you can use skins from DecalGirl.

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/kobo-glo-skins
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
PC Magazine Review Has:
The Kobo Glo measures 6.2 Hight by 4.5 Width by 0.39 Thick inches.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411821,00.asp

Kobo Glo HD : 6.2 by 4.5 by 0.4 inches
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817....asp?tab=Specs

Last edited by filmo; 06-01-2016 at 01:49 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
PC Magazine Review Has:
The Kobo Glo measures 6.2 Hight by 4.5 Width by 0.39 Thick inches.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411821,00.asp

Kobo Glo HD : 6.2 by 4.5 by 0.4 inches
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817....asp?tab=Specs
But, is the Glo HD and Glo the same size except for the .01" thick. Would a skin for the Glo fit on the Glo HD?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I used the cheap cover I bought for my Glo for the few months I had the Glo HD. It fit, but there is a slight difference in the rounding of the corners and edges. Eventually part of the plastic holding the device cracked. I don't know if this was because the fit wasn't perfect, or because it was a cheap cover that had been used for about 18 months. Probably a bit of both.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
If the LxW dimensions are the same then yes the Glo skin from DG should work for the Glo HD.

Unless the backing of the Glo HD is different than the Glo by enough that the surface area is bigger or smaller, and/or the bezel dimensions around the screen are also different.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Decal Girl installed on front of your reader slight different corner radius and thickness shouldn't matter. For leather cover depends on retaining system details. Moulded plastic retainer sections are not very forgiving about slightly wrong fit. Slide your reader into leather sleeve with screen opening and book style hinged cover or with corner retainer straps maybe a little more forgiving.

Order a cover from Gecko Covers and they tell you if they make a cover for your reader and which one would best meet your needs. http://www.geckocovers.com/ereader-covers.html
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:53 AM   #8
2023001 began at the beginning.

Thanks for all of your help!! So I decided not to bear the risk and will try to wrap the glo hd myself using vinyl wrap with carbon fiber texture. Still waiting the materials to arrive.
2023001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
Trilkhai
Meow?
Trilkhai began at the beginning.

You might check the "sleep" covers available on eBay, AliBaba, Amazon, etc. to see if you can find some in your price range... Some protect the bezel on all sides even when open, and I know there's at least a few (like the one I have) that fully protect the sides with only tiny cutouts for power/USB. ('Sleep' covers have a magnet the keeps the cover securely closed when the Kobo isn't being used.)

Here's pics of the two types I'm trying to describe:

One similar to mine

One that (appears to?) cover all sides even when open
Trilkhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

That second link is bad, by the way.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Here's a good link to that image through trial and error.
https://uwereader.nl/data/upload/Sho...se-red-5-0.jpg
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo hd, kobo, scratch