Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
New "top of the line Kindle" details coming next week

From Jeff Bezos' twitter:
Quote:
Heads up readers – all-new, top of the line Kindle almost ready. 8th generation. Details next week.
Found via Engadget.

I kinda wish I had waited to purchase my Voyage, but then I would have gone crazy trying to read on a phone for 3 months. I will wait to see the new specs before I decide if I have buyer's remorse!

Edit: It is just details / formal announcement next week not the device release. I can't change the title though, sorry for getting hopes up if you need one next week.

Last edited by Dazrin; 04-04-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Edit: Forgot to change the title to "announcement/details" coming next week, rather than the release.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Ooh, I'm definitely interested. I love the Voyage. I wonder if this will be the Voyage 2 or called something else.
Advert
Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
If it has an SD card slot and can use Calibre metadata, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
It says details next week. Not it will be released next week.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Yeah, even after next week it will probably be a few more months before release.

I will probably pre-order and sell my Voyage to fund the new one as usual...I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest Kindle.
Advert
Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Ooh, I'm definitely interested. I love the Voyage. I wonder if this will be the Voyage 2 or called something else.
Amazon never number releases like that. We might call it the "Voyage 2", but Amazon would just call it the "Voyage, Latest Generation", or something similarly imaginative.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It's my birthday in May. I wonder how soon after the announcement it'll ship...
Old 04-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #8
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
It says details next week. Not it will be released next week.
Ya, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up with the title. Either way it is a new Kindle, just not necessarily as fast as the title implies. I corrected it in my text but forgot to update the title before posting and can't change it now. A mod can if they think this is too misleading.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Ya, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up with the title. Either way it is a new Kindle, just not necessarily as fast as the title implies. I corrected it in my text but forgot to update the title before posting and can't change it now. A mod can if they think this is too misleading.
I see two green men have posted in the thread so no worries.
No hopes dashed either here.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Edited as requested.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #11
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I'm only interested if they *finally* match Kobo in font types, sizes, and other layout customization. Fonts and layout is the only thing I care about when reading a book. (Strange, huh? ) All other functionality on my current KPW1 is unused. If it can be off, it's off.

Oh, and it better have a normal housing instead of some weird asymmetrical back and stuff that necessitates to have holes in a cover.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I have no demands for this new device.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:38 PM   #13
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Apparently all it took was for me to finally take the plunge and order a Voyage I had been going back and forth in my head for months on whether to or not and when I saw they were $50 off I decided to go ahead. Now I wait and see if I will be kicking myself for not waiting a few more months

Bergette
Old 04-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post
Apparently all it took was for me to finally take the plunge and order a Voyage I had been going back and forth in my head for months on whether to or not and when I saw they were $50 off I decided to go ahead. Now I wait and see if I will be kicking myself for not waiting a few more months

Bergette
Well, there's worse. I've been pressuring a friend with vision issues to get the Voyage and she finally caved today, when I sent her the link to the sale. And she's someone who always wants the new shiny!

How do I live this down?
Old 04-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post

Bergette
I just put one in the cart but dithered at the last moment...
...and came here to find the talk of a new Kindle wasn't just an April fools prank.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...dle-is-coming/

The timing is about right for a Liquavista product if they're ever going to do one.
Closed Thread