Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
Best epub reader for Windows?

Please recommend me a epub reader for Windows 7. Please do not suggest Calibre, that software is bloated and requires *importing* and duplication of files.

I just want a simple reader.

Thanks.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Lucidor.

http://lucidor.org/lucidor/
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
Does it have library system? I want one without library system.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha View Post
Does it have library system? I want one without library system.
Try Coolreader or fbReader.
Old and basic.
Even more basic is the epub reader that comes with Calibre.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha View Post
Please recommend me a epub reader for Windows 7. Please do not suggest Calibre, that software is bloated and requires *importing* and duplication of files.

I just want a simple reader.

Thanks.
No it doesn't, you can use the E-book Viewer as a standalone program. Just set it (ebook-viewer.exe) as the default Open With handler for EPUBs.
It will not import your books into calibre's library management, nor will it create file duplicates in any way.
(Unless you count unpacking the EPUB into the %TEMP% folder for rendering purposes. I hope you aren't that unforgiving. )

Note: I am not going to judge it's quality, as I don't know or care about the potential options.
Just saying it is untrue that calibre *cannot* be used as a standalone EPUB reader, if one so desires.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-27-2015 at 12:18 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
bandorchod
Banned
bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Try Coolreader or fbReader.
Old and basic.
Even more basic is the epub reader that comes with Calibre.

My overall favorite is calibre but when reading epubs I prefer using coolreader
bandorchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
bandorchod
Banned
bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bandorchod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I have never heard of that one. Is it portable?
bandorchod is offline   Reply With Quote