Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Onyx at Taipei Electronics Show 2015

This recent post on the 'News' feed on Onyx-Box's site shows their booth at Taipei Electronics Show 2015. I cannot make out most of what is on display, but did note that they have the "D67" (in spite of having released something remarkably similar as a Carta version of the C67), an "N96" (in addition to the already-known M96) and "T76 Plus" (the T76 series are 6.8" readers that has been on onyx-boox.ru for some time now). Couldn't make the rest out due to spotlight glare in the images.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_...56E6A8110C4CB&

Looks like the N96 still has a lower resolution screen.
I think I prefer the i86.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
There's also (I think) a T86 Plus. And the phone is on the far left.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #4
pureaxis
pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Hanvon D31, Onyx i86ML
The N96 looks interesting, anyone know what those color tabs are for?
pureaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureaxis View Post
The N96 looks interesting, anyone know what those color tabs are for?
Two of the items on the spec sheet are :

-Physical button, 2 ways control page turn, easy navigation
-Built-in wifi and Bluetooth

So I would guess navigation and turning wireless connections on and off.
It has audio so two of the the navigation buttons probably switch to volume control if you are listening to audio.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_...56E6A8110C4CB&

Looks like the N96 still has a lower resolution screen.
I think I prefer the i86.
And it looks like the i86 Plus is the one that is about to ship in Europe.
http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_...9564D5AFAED44&
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Disappointed! Why would you release 9.7 inch with same resolution (1200x825) and Android 4.0?
This will delay Onyx 13 inch.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #8
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Disappointed! Why would you release 9.7 inch with same resolution (1200x825) and Android 4.0?
This will delay Onyx 13 inch.
Yes, a new 9.7" with a resolution less than their own 8", and some 6"s (the Voyage and Glo HD) does not make a heck of a lot of sense.

It rather implies that they're simply sleep-walking in the large eReader market. Which probably in turn means that they do not think that this market is big enough to be worth putting a significant proportion of their (almost certainly tightening) R&D budget into.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
But the N96 spec sheet says touch plus stylus, which is an upgrade over the M96...although I'd prefer higher res too for full screen PDF reading. As well as stable firmware.
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #10
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
And it looks like the i86 Plus is the one that is about to ship in Europe.
http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_...9564D5AFAED44&
Does anyone know of an online store with this device (beside the EU one mentioned in articles) that would deliver to the US ?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #11
inmee
Banned
inmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: T68 Boox
Did Onyx show any new devices using the iMX7 processors?
inmee is offline   Reply With Quote