Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2015, 03:53 AM   #1
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Open Containing folder?

Didn't this item exist previously when you right clicked on a format? I had need to open the folder of an epub that I just changed the metadata on and this option is no longer there. I was able to copy the path and paste into explorer but I missed the simple right click.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:39 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Didn't this item exist previously when you right clicked on a format? I had need to open the folder of an epub that I just changed the metadata on and this option is no longer there. I was able to copy the path and paste into explorer but I missed the simple right click.
@DoctorOhh - I don't recall that option on right clicking format in Book Details - but what's wrong with left click "Click to Open", or press 'O'

Aaah but maybe you mean the format icon in Metadata Edit - I don't think I ever tried right click there - very rarely use single edit.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 04:43 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You get that from right clicking on a book in the main book list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:57 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@DoctorOhh - I don't recall that option on right clicking format in Book Details - but what's wrong with left click "Click to Open", or press 'O'
You're probably correct and it was never there. I don't want to open the book I needed to open the folder to verify that the metadata actually changed the folder after I forgot to pause sync on dropbox and received a self induced error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You get that from right clicking on a book in the main book list.
I added it to my context menu.

As I recall I thought I always used it via the book details pane by right clicking on the format and selecting this option, but as I said the option from that dropdown has disappeared. Thanks for pointing me to a location where I can still (most likely always did) access this feature.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:02 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IIRC, it was never in book details. The idea of clicking on a particular format is to open that individual format. The containing folder corresponds to the entire book, so you open it by right clicking the book entry.
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 05:22 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC, it was never in book details. The idea of clicking on a particular format is to open that individual format. The containing folder corresponds to the entire book, so you open it by right clicking the book entry.
You are obviously correct, I was brain dead and missed the giant Click to Open in the book details pane next to Path which is what I have used since this feature was added.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I was brain dead and missed the giant Click to Open in the book details pane next to Path which is what I have used since this feature was added.
It's been there a very long time, though, right? I don't really remember a time that "Click to open" wasn't available in the Book Details pane (though I'm sure there probably was one).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It has been in the Details pane a very long time

IIRC it changed slightly and is now a simply the 'click to open', line entry

of course, tapping the 'O' key works
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes indeed, the direct click to open, as opposed to right click to open has been there from when calibre was called libprs500.