Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
File Browser Window keeps shrinking

TOC window also

I resize them and it's fine sometimes when I close and re-open the editor (either in Calibre or diretly), and sometimes they're back to the original narrow size

(screen shot)

Is there a Behavior setting that controls this, and where are such size settings stored so that I can check?

I did unckeck the Editor option to Restore State of Previously Edit book to see if that makes any difference

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	136469  

Last edited by phossler; 03-27-2015 at 11:01 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no setting, windows sizes are always retored. As for where they are stored, look for tweak_book_gui.json in the calibre config dir the setting is called main_window_state
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
There is no setting, windows sizes are always restored.
On a book-by-book basis, or on a global basis?

OK, this will be a really dumb question, but out of curiosity -- how does one figure out the "__value__" ?

Quote:
"main_window_state": {
"__value__": "AAAA/wAAAAD9AAAABAAAAAAAAADbAAAC0PwCAAAAA/sAAAAkAGYAaQBsAGUAcwAtAGIAcgBvAHcAcwBlAHIALQBkAG8A YwBrAQAAAPYAAAI9AAAAWQD////7AAAAHgB0AG8AYwAtAHYAaQBlAHcAZQByAC0AZABvAGMAawEAA AM5AAAAjQAAAFkA////+wAAACAAYwBoAGUAYwBrAHAAbwBpAG4AdABzAC0AZABvAGMAaw AAAABCAAADhgAAAIkA////AAAAAQAAAZYAAALQ/AIAAAAC/AAAAPYAAAIuAAACEQEAABf6AAAAAQEAAAAC+wAAACYAcwBhAHY AZQBkAC0AcwBlAGEAcgBjAGgAZQBzAC0AZABvAGMAawEAAAAA/////wAAAZYA////+wAAABgAcAByAGUAdgBpAGUAdwAtAGQAbwBjAGsBAAAEhQAAAg sAAAA6AP////sAAAAaAGwAaQB2AGUALQBjAHMAcwAtAGQAbwBjAGsBAAADKgAA AJwAAABZAP///wAAAAIAAAaQAAAAtPwBAAAAAfsAAAAeAGMAaABlAGMAawAtAGI AbwBvAGsALQBkAG8AYwBrAQAAAAAAAAaQAAAAkwD///8AAAADAAAGkAAAAUb8AQAAAAH7AAAAHABpAG4AcwBwAGUAYwB0 AG8AcgAtAGQAbwBjAGsAAAAAAAAABpAAAAApAP///wAABBMAAALQAAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAAACPwAAAABAAAAAgAAAAM AAAAUAGcAbABvAGIAYQBsAC0AYgBhAHIBAAAAAAAAAuMAAAAAA AAAAAAAABYAcABsAHUAZwBpAG4AcwAtAGIAYQByAQAAAuMAAAF oAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASAHQAbwBvAGwAcwAtAGIAYQByAQAABEsAA ASQAAAAAAAAAAA=",
"__class__": "bytearray"
},

Thanks

Last edited by phossler; 03-28-2015 at 10:37 AM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
On a book-by-book basis, or on a global basis?
@phossler - global, I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
OK, this will be a really dumb question, but out of curiosity -- how does one figure out the "__value__" ?
I wouldn't bother trying, looks a bit like UUENCODING, but its probably MIME or maybe yEnc.

I would simply delete the main_window_state block.

If that didn't solve the problem I would rename tweak_book_gui.json to *.json.save and restart the editor. That should create a fresh tweak_book_gui.json. I might then view the .json.save to assist in reconfiguring the editor gui. But I wouldn't cut'n'paste from it into the fresh file, that might just make matters worse

If I'm changing files in the config directory I always close down all instances of all calibre components, gui, editors, viewers, servers etc.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-28-2015 at 05:10 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its a binary state used internally by Qt, it is not human readable/modifiable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert