Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
fishcasa
fishcasa began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 10.1
Removing converted versions from library

I made the mistake of saying yes to the convert question when I was uploading about 1000 books to my device using CC. This created epub versions of all my PDF (mostly), djvu and mobi formatted books in Calibre. I prefer to use the original version of the files on my device.

Is there a way to remove all the auto-converted EPUB versions in Calibre? Prior to the auto-conversion, I did have some books where I intentionally had both EPUB and another format and it would be great to keep those. Is there some flag for auto-converted versions?

Thanks,
Henry
fishcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcasa View Post
I made the mistake of saying yes to the convert question when I was uploading about 1000 books to my device using CC. This created epub versions of all my PDF (mostly), djvu and mobi formatted books in Calibre. I prefer to use the original version of the files on my device.

Is there a way to remove all the auto-converted EPUB versions in Calibre? Prior to the auto-conversion, I did have some books where I intentionally had both EPUB and another format and it would be great to keep those. Is there some flag for auto-converted versions?

Thanks,
Henry
I don't think there is a bullet proof way to detect which were auto converted.

You can discourage the suggestion by moving PDF format up above your devices preferred format in the device configuration (when device connected) . This will stop the suggestion as long as one of the other formats is available in OTHER cases. You will need to Manually convert to PDF if that format is desired for that device.

You could try searching for formats:PDF and formats:EPUB then cherry pick. Right-click selected books Remove Books: <best optional delete for your needs>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@fishcasa - by default the Date column is set to the date the book was added to library. So you might be able to use it to filter out books that were added before you made your mistake, so that any earlier 'on purpose converts to EPUB' would be safeguarded.

Use the binoculars to the left of the search bar to get assistance with date filtering.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
fishcasa
fishcasa began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 10.1
Thank you for the replies
fishcasa is offline   Reply With Quote