Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-06-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
nazareno
nazareno began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch lux 623; Sony prs-t1; Sony prs-t2
export library list

I am searching for a possibility in calibre how to export my huge library in a simple list form, which includes only the main meta-datas, as for example:
title, author, tag.
Preferably this list should be in .txt, .doc or some similar simple format.

I simply would like to see all my books in a compacted list which would be able to save and to export.

Thank you for your help!
nazareno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:10 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Menu Convert Books/Create a catalog
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2015, 04:36 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Menu Convert Books/Create a catalog

For a simple list, create a csv catalogue, import into a spreadsheet (MS Excel, LO Calc or GD Sheet) or word processor table (MS Word, LO Writer, GD Doc (??))

Or convert the CSV to HTML and then convert the HTML to EPUB/MOBI etc, there are lots of tools (many online) to convert CSV to HTML, I use this Windows utility ==>> CSVFileView - CSV file viewer and converter. It provides simple row sorting and column re-arranging.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:02 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
don't forget the CLI
calibredb --list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
nazareno

thank you very much.
Seems not so easy though - Open office calc shows the csv-list in an odd form: you would find each word of the title etc in a new colum, so you can't do anything useful with it.

Theduck - could you please explain the calibredb option a little more detailed? Thank you
Advert
Old 02-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazareno View Post
thank you very much.
Seems not so easy though - Open office calc shows the csv-list in an odd form: you would find each word of the title etc in a new colum, so you can't do anything useful with it.

Theduck - could you please explain the calibredb option a little more detailed? Thank you
It is explained in the Calibre Help site: CLI Section way better that I can

I used the CLI with OO long before the 'Catalog'.
Depending on your (switch) choices, you typically get a column per Calibre column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@nazareno - LO Calc (v 4.3.0.4) works fine for me

Attached is what I have in the CSV Import settings, which pops when I open a CSV file. The settings you see are the defaults.

BTW a csv file can be read into a Text Editor, e.g. Notepad++ (Windows), Text Wrangler (OSX), Vim (Linux).

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	134587  
Old 02-08-2015, 12:37 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Very important to choose what separates columns. If your CSV Import settings tell OpenOffice/LibreOffice to treat spaces as a separator, you will end up with way too many columns.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 AM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@nazareno - LO Calc (v 4.3.0.4) works fine for me

Attached is what I have in the CSV Import settings, which pops when I open a CSV file. The settings you see are the defaults.

BTW a csv file can be read into a Text Editor, e.g. Notepad++ (Windows), Text Wrangler (OSX), Vim (Linux).

BR
gedit (linux)

vim, if it likely to be used (you know if you are the type), is cross-platform, but isn't strictly necessary on linux. For most people, gedit or similar clones is far more suitable.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:26 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
gedit (linux)

vim, if it likely to be used (you know if you are the type), is cross-platform, but isn't strictly necessary on linux. For most people, gedit or similar clones is far more suitable.
I wasn't being proscriptive, NP++, Text Wrangler, & Vim were the first 3 that came to mind, could have just as easily wrote - BowPad, TextMate, and Emacs. I suppose I should've spelt out exempli gratia in full

Main thing is that it supports LF only end ends, hence notepad's no good as it wants CRLF

Not familiar with gmate.

IMO - the csv catalogue does need a couple of options a) Separator character, I'd probably use '^', and b) a Normalise date checkbox (i.e adjust for timezone offset), default to checked.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-08-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #11
nazareno

Thank You, BetterRed, this was the solution - just click the 'Komma'-Option.
Now it's simply perfect!