Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
n905 model Can I use firmware 3.12?

I just realized I purchased the Mark3 model touch N905. It just updated and I noticed it only updated to 3.11.
I only found out that 3.12 software is not released for the Mark 3 model.

Can I use firmware 3.12? Is 3.11 the last update for the touch mark3?
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have FW3.12.0 on both of my N905 Touches with no problems.

As to a new firmware, we don't know. Kobo are skipping versions for the Touch. I won't be surprised if there is an update, but I don't expect it any time soon.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

What version of 3.12 do i use? The one for Mark 4 or Mark 5.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't matter. But, when you unpack the zip file, only use the KoboRoot.tgz. Copy that to the .kobo directory of the device and it will upgrade the firmware when disconnected. If you copy the other files, you risk bricking the device.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #5
christopher22
Zealot

Okay thanks. I would have copied it all over.
Advert
Old 02-08-2015, 05:25 AM   #6
rhy7s
rhy7s began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch / Sony PRS-T1 / Sony PRS-T2
I've got 3.12.1 on my Touch. On 3.11 it would stop responding to touch if highlighting a word, only the physical home and power buttons would work. Works fine on 3.12.1.
rhy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #7
Dejan
Dejan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Hi
I managed to start it up and now the touch is not reacting it selects on couple of trys and not openig or opening on 10 cliks any solution?

Last edited by Dejan; 04-17-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Dejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Dejan: As I have said in the PM, the N905 doesn't have an internal SD card so it can't be restored from an image.

But, what is happening? Is the light flashing when you turn it on? And what have you tried to get it going?