Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
What books/ebooks did you get/give for Christmas?

I received Saint Odd, (e-book)the next (final?) in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz - so stoked to get that one as it makes up the full set for me.

I gave my son the first six volumes of Game of Thrones series in print as he doesn't e read except on his computer. I will give him an e-reader for his birthday I think. He needs conversion.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, One Plus 5
"A Saga de Um Pensador" by Augusto Cury
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #3
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
No books received or given, however my children gave me Amazon gift cards to use for future purchases. And, the oldest in the 3rd generation (my grand-nephew) received his very own Kindle Basic for Christmas and we'll be helping him side-load lots of good books.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I gave no eBooks and I received no eBooks. Nor any gift cards were exchanged that could be used to purchase eBooks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I gave one ebook, Act One by Moss Hart, the best theatrical memoir ever, to a nephew who'd like a career as a producer. (I gave him a gift card, too.)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I gave myself the gift of Kindle Unlimited and a book on screenwriting.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #7
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
My van broke down on the twenty third so we were housebound on Christmas. We just read old favorites.
I think I started with "My Side Of The Mountain".
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I exchanged Amazon gift vouchers with my Mum for ebooks (you can't gift actual ebooks), and have now just added books 4-6 of the Odd Thomas series to my library, by the time I read them, Saint Odd should be a little cheaper.

Forgot to say what books I'd given. Two funny dog books (not ebooks) Off The Leash: A Dog's Best Friend, and Dog Shaming. The latter was a secret santa gift, and I'm not sure how well it was received!

Last edited by soulfuldog; 12-27-2014 at 09:14 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Not including the books I got for myself the day after Christmas, I got Ink Mage by Victor Gischler and American Gods-10th Anniversay edition by Neil Gaiman from my SO and I gave him The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Brimstone Angels by Erin Evans, Charon's Claw by RA Salvatore, The Last Threshold by Salvatore, and Caliban's Hour by Tad Williams. And a couple graphic novels in paper format.

Last edited by Demingy; 12-27-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I gave my brother Titanic Voyager: The Odyssey of C. H. Lightoller by Patrick Stenson. My brother and SIL gave me Hollywood Cats, a lovely "photograph album" of classic Hollywood stars with their cats (either their own pets or feline actors). I gave my nephew's gf a B&N gift card, since she still prefers pbooks, and gave Amazon gift cards to other friends.

My Christmas gift to myself was a vintage copy of Petticoat Court, by Betsy-Tacy author Maud Hart Lovelace.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:54 AM   #11
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Got a couple of Amazon gift cards which should last me a while. Although I did buy one ebook right off the bat -- A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 4) by Jodi Taylor.

And, I've already finished it. It's a good series.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:16 AM   #12
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My friend bought me chocolates and lip gloss/tint, but her main gift was a book. She thought I should express myself more in art and gave me the book of Mess: The Manual of accidents and mistakes. In the end she told me she gave it to me so I would divert from being a perfectionist. I told her I still don't agree with her judgment though. Hahaha.

My father is the best bookworm so I bought him a kobo even if he doesn't indulge in technology very much. But he liked it! (because I filled it with all his favorite genre books: thriller/suspense/fantasy/political)
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
We skipped Christmas this year. So, all books I've bought around that time I'd have bought at any other time as well.

Still have 4 books in my basket at kobo, just waiting till my husband is not looking
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
(you can't gift actual ebooks)
Uh, yes you can.
I gifted two this year (as supplements to the physical gifts).

TIDEWATER by Libbie Hawker.

http://www.amazon.com/Tidewater-Nove.../dp/B00LVO19CC

THE COPPER SIGN by Katia Fox.

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Sign-Ka...opper+sign+fox

Check the upper right of the amazon page. "Give as gift."

You enter the recipient's email, they get a message with a link to the download, and you get a notification when they get the book.

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-29-2014 at 11:28 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Uh, yes you can.
I gifted two this year (as supplements to the physical gifts).

TIDEWATER by Libbie Hawker.

http://www.amazon.com/Tidewater-Nove.../dp/B00LVO19CC

THE COPPER SIGN by Katia Fox.

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Sign-Ka...opper+sign+fox

Check the upper right of the amazon page. "Give as gift."

You enter the recipient's email, they get a message with a link to the download, and you get a notification when they get the book.
Actually, what the recipient gets is a credit for the cost of that particular book, and a notification that they received a gift, and the title of the book that the giver suggests, but they can actually get any book that has the same price. It's more like a gift card with a suggested title.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote