Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
kobo book store reviews

hi
i am totally baffled by the new book reviews on kobo. I really like to see what others think of a book, so consequently i want to leave reviews myself. i have tried on the latest book i read but it doesnt seem to work. i wrote the review on my kobo aura and submitted it. i then got an email saying it has been accepted but it doesnt show up at all. tried twice. Has anyone managed to get a review to show up?
thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have done a few reviews. They have all turned up on the device. I'm not sure about the shop site as I didn't look for them all there, but some definitely did. Have you check if the review is now shown on your Aura?

One problem I had is the edition of the book. The last I looked, the reviews are for an edition of bookk, rather than all editions. This means that people in different countries might not see the reviews others see. The editions sold here in Australia tend to be different than in the US, so the reviews aren't shared.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
BrodieKobo
Enthusiast
BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Aura One, iOS, Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
hi
i am totally baffled by the new book reviews on kobo. I really like to see what others think of a book, so consequently i want to leave reviews myself. i have tried on the latest book i read but it doesnt seem to work. i wrote the review on my kobo aura and submitted it. i then got an email saying it has been accepted but it doesnt show up at all. tried twice. Has anyone managed to get a review to show up?
thomas
Hi thomasn75,

We're having some issues displaying the reviews you submit onto the eReader at the moment. We're working hard to fix the issue, however in the meantime you can still submit them, and view approved reviews on any android or iOS device by long-pressing on the book in your library. Also, you can visit the book page on kobodotcom to see them there as well. If you have time let us know if you can find your review.

Thanks!

Brodie
BrodieKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:27 AM   #4
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Hi brodie thanks for reply. I can find the review on my android phone by long pressing on it so that works. on the Kobo web site it says "be the first to review" eventhough it has 3 star ratings. I am not fussed about seeing my own reviews but when I browse the book store on my computer I would like to see other reviews of the books I am thinking of buying and this doesn't seem to work. I had a quick look on various top 50 books and couldn't find any reviews.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
on the Kobo web site it says "be the first to review" eventhough it has 3 star ratings.
Star ratings don't require a review (i.e. one can give a star rating without providing a written review), so that's why you could be the first to review a book that has a star rating already.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Star ratings don't require a review (i.e. one can give a star rating without providing a written review), so that's why you could be the first to review a book that has a star rating already.
Does anyone else see that this is going to be abused...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I can't seem to submit a review from the website, when I press the "Send us your review" button I get "404 - I can't find the page you're looking for."
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote