Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Kindle Owners' Lending Library on Non-Kindle Device?

Is it possible to access the Kindle Owners' Lending Library from a non-Kindle device, such as the Android Kindle app or Kindle for PC?

Is there a Kindle emulator that would enable access?

Last edited by Geremia; 04-08-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 AM   #2
Wrongway
Enthusiast
Wrongway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Kindle kb, Kobo Aura HD, kobo Mini
Not that I know of as you access the library section of the store via a dedicated qualifying Kindle reader. Browsing on a PC etc. doesn't show the library section of the store.
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
Not that I know of as you access the library section of the store via a dedicated qualifying Kindle reader.
I wonder if an emulated Kindle acts as "a dedicated qualifying Kindle reader"?
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Wrongway
Enthusiast
Wrongway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Kindle kb, Kobo Aura HD, kobo Mini
I doubt it. I think the reason for limiting borrowing to a physical Kindle is because it's easier to tie an actual Kindle to an account as each Kindle has a unique ID thats tied to your account. So you would need to emulate a Kindle that you already have thats registered to your account.
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Not only can you not access it from a non-kindle device but once you borrow a book on a device you cannot use MYK to send it to a non-device. This feature is for kindle devices only.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, kindle, kindle app, kindle app freebie, kindle for pc