Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Any way to change the title output for the catalog?

Hey everyone,

I know this is maybe not a new question and there is possibly already an answer in this forum BUT I couldn't find the right one and all my tries to do it with what I found went nowhere. So , pleasssssse....

I'm reading mostly fanfiction and I optimized my catalog mostly in the way that it gives me all the information that I would like:

One displaying: Words / Status - for the 'Extra Description note'
Second displaying: Genre // Slash // Characters - for the 'Merge with Comments'

And I even included my column 'Community' in it under 'Included sections'

BUT there is still one thing that is bugging me and I would like to change - the title output.

It shows title and the published year but I would very much like it to show the title and my custom column 'words' instead. So that I can see the word count also in the overview sections of the catalog and not only in the description. Is this possible? And how?

Anyone that can help me?

Mini

Last edited by MiniMouse; 03-02-2014 at 09:07 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Customizing the title with the contents of a custom column is not supported.

The title can be customized with the book's rating or the year of publication. There is a description of how to do this in the Customizing the Descriptions template and Section lists section of the Creating Catalogs: Start here sticky.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Customizing the title with the contents of a custom column is not supported.

The title can be customized with the book's rating or the year of publication. There is a description of how to do this in the Customizing the Descriptions template and Section lists section of the Creating Catalogs: Start here sticky.

G
Okay, I read that but I think I didn't quite get it then.
But thanks anyway for the quick reply. Would have been nice though if it were possible because of the customized choices available there is nothing that I need in my Section lists.

Maybe this can be included in a later version for the catalog?

Mini

Last edited by MiniMouse; 03-02-2014 at 11:00 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote