Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
tchucker
Banned
tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo mini, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Question Kobo Coupon Problems!

Hey guys and gals,
So lately I have been having a lot of problems with the coupons for the kobo ebook store. Most recently I have had problems with the coupons from the triva contest. When I get my coupon code, I click the redeem button and choose a book from the specified list. Unfortunately, none of my codes work and the books are not discounted. Getting kind of frustrated at this point. Has anyone else been suffering from these problems lately?
Thanks!
tchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Are you sure you're choosing books that can use codes? The new checkout lets you enter a code even if the book can't be discounted.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchucker View Post
Hey guys and gals,
So lately I have been having a lot of problems with the coupons for the kobo ebook store. Most recently I have had problems with the coupons from the triva contest. When I get my coupon code, I click the redeem button and choose a book from the specified list. Unfortunately, none of my codes work and the books are not discounted. Getting kind of frustrated at this point. Has anyone else been suffering from these problems lately?
Thanks!
I'm not sure if I understand correctly ... are you saying that you win the codes as a result of your having entered the competition?

Or are you saying that you picked up one or more of the codes from the Kobo Discounts thread and have tried them? If this is the case then those codes have probably already been used.

In any event, the codes work on books that are discountable and not necessarily on the list.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
tchucker
Banned
tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!tchucker , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Are you sure you're choosing books that can use codes? The new checkout lets you enter a code even if the book can't be discounted.
Yes, I am sure I am using the ones from the list. I have done it a million times before and never had a problem until the last couple weeks.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
tchucker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I'm not sure if I understand correctly ... are you saying that you win the codes as a result of your having entered the competition?

Or are you saying that you picked up one or more of the codes from the Kobo Discounts thread and have tried them? If this is the case then those codes have probably already been used.

In any event, the codes work on books that are discountable and not necessarily on the list.
No, I won the codes in the contest.
Advert
Old 06-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Googled for some Kobo coupons. Added ebook to chart (on the web interface). The checkout process offered me to enter credit card info but there was no place for any coupon. Could you enlighten me how it works?
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
Googled for some Kobo coupons. Added ebook to chart (on the web interface). The checkout process offered me to enter credit card info but there was no place for any coupon. Could you enlighten me how it works?
The place to enter the coupon is on the second page of the checkout, the one after you enter your payment method.

Edit: You also have to have the "Standard checkout" option selected in in your account profile.

Last edited by GeoffR; 06-15-2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: standard checkout option
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, ebook, kobo