Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Dean Koontz - Odd Thomas

Just finished odd Thomas Book 1 and it was a blast...almost. I refuse to post spoilers but I pretty much love Koontz for the way he developed the novel and especially the Odd Thomas character...but at the same time want to put creases in his "sack" with an iron.

What a fun novel. I really do look forward to reading more Odd Thomas. I think I'll even watch the movie.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I just read the first one as the movie interested me but I've been looking online and can't seem to work out the series order even the Dean Koontz site itself on the FAQ only lists the first 4 books.

http://www.deankoontz.com/frequently-asked-questions/

So if anyone knows the full series order I might try to read the rest
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Did you try the Dean Koontz Bibliography page on Wikipedia?
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
Did you try the Dean Koontz Bibliography page on Wikipedia?
Yeah it's the odd interlude book that's throwing me to be honest, I don't want to read things out of order and a lot of the searching I've done has listed the books differently even that wiki page has the same book in two different places the graphic novels are also adding to the confusion a bit but I'm happy to skip those completely.

I'll think I'll just take it to be after odd apocalypse and use this page as a guide if I'm wrong I'll eventually repost here and let others know.

I've read a lot of series but this is probably the first one I'm having trouble establishing the reading order just seems to be different information all over the web and the official site seems as useless as the rest.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Teknikal as far as I'm aware the order is this http://www.fictfact.com/book/81264/Odd_Apocalypse
Odd Interlude (which is 3 novella's takes place immediately between Odd Hours & Odd Apocalypse.

From Odd Interlude Part One (Odd Interlude, book 1) by Dean Koontz
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/dean-r-koontz/odd-interlude-part-one.htm

Quote:
Leading up to the highly anticipated arrival of Odd Apocalypse this summer, catch up with Odd Thomas in Odd Interlude, a special three-part eBook series by #1 bestselling master of suspense Dean Koontz! Here is the spine-tingling 70-page first installment of this super-charged stand-alone Odd adventure.

Last edited by Polarpenguin; 09-22-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Add quote confirming placement of Odd Interlude in series
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Teknikal
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpenguin View Post
Teknikal as far as I'm aware the order is this http://www.fictfact.com/book/81264/Odd_Apocalypse
Odd Interlude (which is 3 novella's takes place immediately between Odd Hours & Odd Apocalypse.

From Odd Interlude Part One (Odd Interlude, book 1) by Dean Koontz
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/dean-r-koontz/odd-interlude-part-one.htm
Does look indeed like it's first then I guess I'll go with that.

I think they probably combined them into one novel after apocalypse was already out hence the confusion .
Old 09-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I normally (after an experience or two) stay away from Koontz, but I tried the movie.
Some of it is pretty good, but OMG the time spent in uninteresting "unfolding" of the story.

Actually moves along faster than the books, I guess.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I liked the first 3 and then it got disjointed and maudlin (IMO only). Go for Santa's Evil Twin instead
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #9
Teknikal
Fanatic

Real reason I'm reading them was I liked the movie a lot more than I expected to and fancied a bit of a change of pace as I've been working my way through the riftwar books and just wanted to read something a bit lighter for a while, I do intend to finish the Riftwar books but I think that may take me the rest of this year with maybe a few other lighter reads as breaks.

As for Koontz I don't believe I've read anything by him before but while their no dresden files I'm finding them entertaining enough so far.