Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
After the Paperwhite

August seems like the perfect time for Amazon to release its next version of the Kindle, just before school starts and people are looking to buy gadgets for their studies. Now that Kobo has a high resolution device I guess that is a given on the next generation Kindle, but what else still out likely contain?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
A 5" lighted reader would be my choice device. I am now using a Kobo mini, which I love. Of course a Hi-Resolution KPW would be nice too...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
If it doesn't have the capability to use Calibre to create and manage collections automatically (without rooting) then I am not interested. (Don't quote me on that).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I don't know what new features they would add, but I do know that I would probably end up buying one anyway.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I am determined to not watch the announcement event. (I'll have to arrange to be out of the house or it'll never work).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I want better library management and I want in on a computer. Yes, I know Calibre, although I'm not an expert, and I know Shelfari. I'm not looking for a way to spend more time on my library maintenance and less on reading.

How about a read or waiting to be read option on MYK?
How about, when you finish a book, an option for "mark as read"?

Actually, I wouldn't mind an option permanently banning spammers from my purchasing.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
hamlok
Currently Reading
hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Tolino, Kindle, Pocketbook, Sony
I hope for an improved PW with higher resolution and perfected lighting. Perhaps with a larger screen if it is not too heavy.
hamlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Zakilephoth
Zakilephoth will become famous soon enoughZakilephoth will become famous soon enoughZakilephoth will become famous soon enoughZakilephoth will become famous soon enoughZakilephoth will become famous soon enoughZakilephoth will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire
I am looking forward to seeing what Amazon comes out with next. Wanting to retire my Fire 1st gen and go back to eInk with a higher res screen and better front light than the current PW.
Zakilephoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I am with one of the previous posters - whatever it is, I'll probably end up with a new reader. A collection feature like they have on Sony through Calibre would be very nice, though.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #10
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
I would be happy with just about anything if Amazon would just stop pushing firmware 'updates' and leave it alone!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
I hope for slightly larger screen without the orbs, pink blotches and a evenly lit screen for in bed reading ..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Page turn buttons, I've dodged the PW for that reason alone.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
+1 for the page turn buttons, if the next generation Paperwhite doesn't have them, I'll be looking hopefully at the next Sony....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
lizard king
lizard king began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
same as paperwhite but lghter and will be perfect
lizard king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I'm afraid the page turn buttons have met their end!

RIP!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote