Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Question re: Please guide me the detail way to remapping home button of Kindle touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by acxt
Hi
I'm Chien from VietNam. I bought kindle touch kinded the Special offer versions. I have the same problem about kindle touch: Power button is broken. I can't turn on or turn off.
I searched on internet and found that you could repair this issue by changing system file of kindle touch.
I'm not a programmer, so i really don't understand the way you did. Could you help me to know the detail steps of remapping home button in this case.
Thanks very much and looking forward to your answer.
Contact with my by email: Nguyenchien.404@gmail.com
I have not worked with that. You would be better off posting this to the Kindle Developer's Corner forum. I just created a new thread there for you... Others may be able to help you.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, the power button is probably NOT broken. The eink display does not use electricity when it is not changing. You probably have a dead battery.

Plug it into a wall charger for at least 20 hours. Then hold the power button in for 30 seconds, release it, and press it again for one second...
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
When, if ever, we make our own version of that xda-developers video . . . .
It just **must have** "re-charge the battery" in it somewhere.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
When, if ever, we make our own version of that xda-developers video . . . .
It just **must have** "re-charge the battery" in it somewhere.
It should also say something about how you should not erase your mmc after recharging your battery.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It should also say something about how you should not erase your mmc after recharging your battery.
Even if the menu entry was: "Do not select this." somebody would.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I would!
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
geekmaster

I have certainly clicked plenty of "Do Not Click" buttons or links on web sites. Although you are occasionally greeted with a cute kitten photo or some such fun, more often than not you get rick-rolled (or heaven forbid, perhaps a face full of goatse or other Shock Site nonsense!).

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-19-2012 at 03:49 PM.